Submit

Demonic rules3
Captain

2,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:12 pm
Alright, as you probably know by now, Saint Seiya has now many spin off.

For the manga, Saint Seiya - Next Dimension by Kurumada-sama, Saint Seiya Episode G and Saint Seiya - Lost Canvas by to other authors.

For the anime... Well, pretty much the Asgard Saga and the movies are spinoff.

So, what do you guys consider canon and what do you consider NOT canon.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:15 pm
I myself consider everything by Kurumada-sama canon and just about everything else not canon. For me it's got to be the original creator to be truly canon.  

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

Demonic rules3
Captain

2,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:20 pm
In other words, you consider the mangas made by Kurumada-sama the only thing canon... And the anime nothing but non-canon?

I personally consider Saint Seiya Episode G canon since Kurumada-sama had a word in the script. Also, the parts of the anime that follows the manga are also consider canon, except the anime only characters.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:23 pm
Well, the anime is sort of a mix of canon and non-canon. The original version I do consider canon except for the anime only characters. The Knights of the Zodiac version that DIC or whoever put out is definately not canon though. I mean, they turned Hyoga into this surfer guy. That's just wrong.  

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

words for glory

Tenacious Plague

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:24 pm
I consider Saint Seiya G canon, as well as the anime. I'm not too sure about the Asgard arc but I would like to think it as canon as well. Wha? I love surfer Hyouga XD It's so...hilariously cute XD I went around saying "Dude" every 2 sentences for about a week. It was fun. I think the Dub isn't that bad, it's canon in my book. Hyouga did stop saying "dude" after a while after all XD  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:27 pm
Maybe, but the blue blood was bad.  

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

words for glory

Tenacious Plague

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:30 pm
That's America for you, for some reason they think that kids can't see blood so if they change the color then it's not blood anymore XD  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:31 pm
Yeah. America censors just about anything. It was like they were bleeding Gatorade.  

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

words for glory

Tenacious Plague

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:33 pm
XD I know! What was worse...I couldn't figure out it was blood. I had no idea what it was they were bleeding but I didn't think it was similiar to blood XD I thought it was star power or something XD  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:36 pm
I know! I thought that too at first! And they toned down the drama of the plot by saying that Shiryu was losing his Dragon powers instead of dying. How would they just lose their saint powers anyways?  

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

words for glory

Tenacious Plague

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:38 pm
XD Oh I know. I kept thinking Shiryu was pretty much useless because he kept bleeding his powers out. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:40 pm
Did you see how the censored what Shun's fangirls were screaming as well?  

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

words for glory

Tenacious Plague

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:45 pm
XD Yeah, that was pointless. But I'll say again I absolutely adore Surfer Hyouga. XD That was the best thing the Dub could do for me. XD It was so funny.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:56 pm
Yeah, I'll admit that it was funny. But I still think that it's wrong to make a character so OOC from how the creator originally portrayed him.  

phoenixfirekitsune
Crew

words for glory

Tenacious Plague

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:13 pm
Considering that at that point it was my first outlook of Saint Seiya, I'm fine with the crackness of Knights XD  
Saint Seiya Guild - Takusu Mono he ~ My Dear

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff