Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seilde

Aged Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:35 pm
O.o

Yesterday I got my AOA. Holy cow. I was shocked. I've only been playing for a year and two months.

Of course I do help at every event I go to. I feed water and pickles to the fighters and come early to events to help set up. I also helped a whole bunch at Gulf Wars which is what got me noticed for my AOA.

I'm happy.

(When I got up if front of the King and Queen the Queen said, "I love how you look scared being up here. Makes me feel evil.")  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:18 pm
Yay, congrats!! (and doncha just love it when royalty are smart asses?)  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Seilde

Aged Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:55 pm
LittleGreenGirl
Yay, congrats!! (and doncha just love it when royalty are smart asses?)

Yeah I love it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:46 am
Congrats!

I got my AOA recently too. But I have been playing for 4 years now...

Although I never got to actually get it. The event was a 4 hour driveaway from where I lived..so we left early, before court, to get home at a decent time.
I guess my AOA was the first peice of busness sad So my baron and baroness got it for me.
So I missed out getting it from the king and Queen. And get it presented to me by the baron and baroness in a week-ish at the next event  

Artimus_Twitch

Kiria Delusional Kitty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:54 pm
Congratulations!

I remember getting my Rose Leaf (which comes with an AoA) about two and a half years ago. The King and Queen said my face was priceless when they called me up.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:49 am
Oh, my, I recall receiving my AoA.

It was at a small event and I truly did not expect it. I was rather intent on explaining the proceedings of the court to my friend who was at her first event. I was focused so on her understanding of the thing I missed the fact that I'd been called into court!

My friend elbowed me in the ribs and hissed "You're being called!". I stood, thanking God that I wasn't wearing a dagger, and got myself up there. At that point if I'd had to remove a dagger I think things would have been near disastrous. As it was, I was shaking so badly by the time I knelt that the King asked if it had been the day's excitement.

I'm sure he was thinking how earlier in the afternoon I'd wound up in a pile of garb on a wet gym floor, wrestling with a lord I was accusing of cheating in a friendly contest, not caring that the thrones were set up not twenty feet away! The contest was to do with carrying water in a spoon, hence the wet floor and my slipping on said wet floor was why I was in a heap, refusing to let go of the rascally lord lest he cheat further. All friendly and very very funny to recall.

Either way, it was a very interesting event to be topped off with an AoA!

Golly though, the illuminated AoA I was given was gorgeous. Seriously amazing; my mother had it framed for my birthday she was so taken by it.

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

Serrated Combat Wife

Familiar Girl

9,250 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:56 pm
I caught wind that I was going to get one and made it known to the powers that be that if I were nominated, I would have to decline.

I didnt feel that I had earned an award, and I want to maintain my integrity.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:07 pm
When Her Highness of Cynagua was having dinner with our household Saturday night, somehow it came up that I didn't have my AoA yet (I've been playing almost two years), and I think it was Baroness Anastasia who said something along the lines of, "We need to fix that."

I love being in House Darkclaw.  

Indigo Project

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:29 pm
The Spartan Effect
I caught wind that I was going to get one and made it known to the powers that be that if I were nominated, I would have to decline.

I didnt feel that I had earned an award, and I want to maintain my integrity.

To me the AoA is like receiving a yellow belt in Aikido, or any martial art I suppose. Anyone can participate in the SCA, in the dojo I was in anyone could come to class. The test for yellow belt was just basic knowledge, a demonstration of a more than passing interest in the art and a desire to learn more. The student wouldn't just be passing through. The granting of an AoA, for me, was confirmation that my time with the SCA will be more than a passing, one event, thing. That I have a lasting interest and love of the society. This is why I felt able to accept the award. I trusted my fellow society members to judge if I was worthy of the formal induction into the society. It is up to me to continue to be worthy of their judgment.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:51 am
I was so happy. I find myself explaining what an AOA is alot now. My non-SCA friends keep asking if anything cool happened over the summer. =]

Also my SCA mother gave me here circlet. I was so happy. It gives me a handache. Just like long hair and ponytails.  

Seilde

Aged Werewolf

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:03 pm
Any suggestions on what to use for or how to make a circlet? I would like to wear one, but I never see them at merchant booths. I don't have a lot of money to spend on this; ideas/suggestions/advice would be welcome.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:59 am
Sir_Catherine
Any suggestions on what to use for or how to make a circlet? I would like to wear one, but I never see them at merchant booths. I don't have a lot of money to spend on this; ideas/suggestions/advice would be welcome.
No idea. My Sca mom bought hers.  

Seilde

Aged Werewolf

Shimo_no_Miko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:37 pm
Congratulations! And good for you for working! This year was my first Gulf Wars (after 14 years in the SCA), and there was so much to do and see and somehow I found myself doing nothing but sanitation and waterbearing. Never made any of the classes I meant to go to except one dance class.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:23 pm
Shimo_no_Miko
Congratulations! And good for you for working! This year was my first Gulf Wars (after 14 years in the SCA), and there was so much to do and see and somehow I found myself doing nothing but sanitation and waterbearing. Never made any of the classes I meant to go to except one dance class.
I did mostly water bearing. I can't go to GulfWars this year because I won't have the time of from school.  

Seilde

Aged Werewolf

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:08 pm
Sir_Catherine

I made a beaded one out of some clear, white glass seed beads and a few more interesting beads of semi-precious stones. The first one I made was with blue and green to go with the majority of my garb, but I've since made a few others to go with some other garb (I've got one with some cute little fishy beads on it to go with my Baronial-themed garb, for example). They have the virtue of being affordable, custom-made, and, best of all, pretty and shiny!

I remember when I got my AoA, just about a year ago at Boar's Head. It was a really long court (I've said a bunch of times since that it wasn't court, it was a war of attrition). It was something like a three hour court and one friend of mine was actually getting sick because she hadn't eaten in a very long time. I was busy freaking out about her when my name was called up. And of course it was a big court, too. Northshield's entire royal family, the Baron and Baroness of Cair Anterth Mawr, and, for some reason that I can't remember now, the entire royal family of the Middle Kingdom as well. There was a veritable army standing behind them! I kinda plopped down at the edge of the Presence and the King gave me a hard time about being scared of them! I suppose I should have come up with something witty right about then, since I'm supposed to be a jester, but all I could muster up was to shuffle forward a little bit on my knees, letting all the bells I wear on my belt jingle.

Sarah T. Foole.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces