Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talwar126

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:40 pm
I'd Personally Like To Say...

I TOLD YOU SO!

Sheik, a character whose return I've been fighting with people over for weeks now, has been CONFIRMED to be a returning character to Brawl. She, alongside Ganondorf, will be playable characters in the next game.

Quote:

GI: Have you been consulted at all for the usage of Link or Sheik or Ganondorf for Smash Bros. Brawl?

Aonuma: I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.

Source: GameInformer

Now quit whining about Sheik and find something else to complain about. xp

Oh and, as a final note, this has been the best week ever for Brawl news. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:52 pm
I truely hate Sheik/Zelda in Melee.  

Tigerzero

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:47 am
I like how everyone ignores the possibility that he might have been talking about an assist trophy.

For sure, I can tell you that Ganon will be in the game, hopefully with his own moveset. I'm still iffy about shiek though.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:49 pm
And I like how everyone does everything they can to be as skeptical as possible about Sheik's return, for some reason or another.

If Sheik were an assist trophy, why would they bother with a re-design? If she were an assist trophy, why ask Aonuma to re-design her? If she were supposed to be a throw back to OoT, not just up the graphical quality of the old design and place her in? If Aonuma were designing Sheik to be an assist trophy, why group her in with Ganondorf and Link? And why the hell would they change a playable character from a past game in the series into non-playable one?

Other than the inclusion of the Twilight Princess design, which I have already given my counter argument for, give me one good reason to why they would remove the best part of Zelda.  

Talwar126

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:29 am
You know, for a LONG time, I was on the fence about Sheik returning for Brawl, because it was clearly obvious, that Zelda was in her TP costume.

Here's how I'm looking at the situation now;

These characters are set in the Super Smash Bros. "World". Not the OoT world, or TP world, or SMB3 world, or Super Paper Mario world. The SSB World. Which means, these characters have their own moves that represent them in this world.

When has Link ever been able to jump on a whim like in a platformer? When has Fox ever been on foot with a shield that reflects weapons (I swear, if you mention SF:Assualt, I will personally @#$&#xin;g kill you)? When has Samus had the ability to create an explosion at her feet with her fist? When has ANY pokemon known more than 4 moves? When has Captain Falcon been seen with fighting abilities (before SSB64)?

The point is, this is the Super Smash Bros. Universe. Things are gonna be different here from their other games. Link still looks like TP Link, but has his moves from SSB64 and SSBM. Odds are, Zelda can/will too.

In the end, it's Sakurai's world. It's his decision whether or not Sheik will return, and whether or not he's gonna keep Zelda's moves the same.

Do I think Sheik will return? Honestly, I don't care. I main Ganondorf, and my friend plays strictly as Zelda. She has her character, and I have mine (and a backup. Go Snake!). :shrug:  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:18 pm
SilentBlackTiger
Do I think Sheik will return? Honestly, I don't care.

that's my stance as well. Actually, thats a lie gonk I can't play for beans against a good shiek player stare I would rather she wasn't in xd

Quote:
give me one good reason to why they would remove the best part of Zelda.

talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand  

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

clownrus

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:22 pm
Talwar126
And I like how everyone does everything they can to be as skeptical as possible about Sheik's return, for some reason or another.

If Sheik were an assist trophy, why would they bother with a re-design? If she were an assist trophy, why ask Aonuma to re-design her? If she were supposed to be a throw back to OoT, not just up the graphical quality of the old design and place her in? If Aonuma were designing Sheik to be an assist trophy, why group her in with Ganondorf and Link? And why the hell would they change a playable character from a past game in the series into non-playable one?

Other than the inclusion of the Twilight Princess design, which I have already given my counter argument for, give me one good reason to why they would remove the best part of Zelda.

They would redesign her so she wouldn't fight like zero suit. If you look at the already announced pictures of zero suit, and of videos of her. She fights exactly like sheik does. They already announced about eliminating clones. So they'd do that just to not have a clone. They may bring her back for brawl, but if so, they would have already announced it on Smash.com  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:28 pm
I personally couldn't care either awy it goes, Shiek in or out. Either way, I'm not going to use that character often (and by character, I mean Zelda, since it's her who changes into Shiek, or it was in Melee anyways).  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

Chaotic_Crisis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:38 pm
clownrus
Talwar126

They would redesign her so she wouldn't fight like zero suit. If you look at the already announced pictures of zero suit, and of videos of her. She fights exactly like sheik does. They already announced about eliminating clones. So they'd do that just to not have a clone. They may bring her back for brawl, but if so, they would have already announced it on Smash.com
did they even confirm luigi yet.....i think we can all agree they are a little behind us with the whole smash bros .com thing i mean now there just showing s**t they showed in the previews the only exciting thing was the new adventure mode ike and the fact of the final smash  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:49 pm
clownrus
Talwar126

Basically -D.O.C.- already stated it all.
Besides, who says that they'd "eliminate clones" by removing them all together? They could change up their move lists, use them as alternate costumes, etc. And even then, Sheik wouldn't be a clone of Zero Suit Samus... That's be like saying that every fast moving character is the exact same thing as the other fast moving characters... Captain Falcon and Sheik both moved in very similar ways, quickly and with great agility, but they were two very different characters.
Now, sure, they'll take care of Falco/Fox and what-not but Sheik's removal would cause a great outrage amongst players since there really would be no purpose for it. "I don't like playing against her" isn't an appropriate reason to remove her from the game. I hate Fox/Falco because of their deadly C-Stick moves but that doesn't mean I want them both removed from the game. They only need tweaking to make them more balanced. The same goes for Zelda/Sheik.  

Talwar126

Amargana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:47 pm
It's nice that they're leabing in Zelda/Shiek; she's one of the characters I use the most.

My opinion of the removal of characters...I may not like to use them, but someone else might and they are another character to fight against.
The characters I don't like too much I use sparingly...like when I'm bored. I get laughs when I use them though.

All in all, you may not like a character, but it's no reason to just out them from the game...if the situation was like that, most games wouldn't have many characters because the programmers heard that some people didn't like so-and-so.

And..it's not as if you have to use a character you don't like...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:20 pm
i love her for she is a part of my character.  

Lamenting Shadows

7,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200

Sledgehammer92

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:07 pm
I don't like Shiek/Zelda that much. So, I wouldn't care if they put her in or not.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:52 am
Talwar126
Give me one good reason to why they would remove the best part of Zelda.

They didn't. It's still the lightning kick. xp  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

Talwar126

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:26 am
SilentBlackTiger
Talwar126
Give me one good reason to why they would remove the best part of Zelda.

They didn't. It's still the lightning kick. xp

My friend, a Sheik player, calls it "The Chancleta of Death." xd  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas