Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Romeo hand been in town long, once word of his Uncle’s return had reached him the young Machiavelli had hurried home to the family estate. After catching up he had reclaimed his own apartments on the grounds and now he was enjoying a nice night time walk about town. A small leather bound book in his hands, reading while he walked. He didn’t have to worry about running into people as the streets were nearly empty.

That was the perk of being a creature restricted to the night time hours. Less people to bother him.

He passed by many little shops. Some still open, others had closed hours earlier. Typically the ones still open this late we’re run by vampires. He was surprised that the Masquerade hadn’t been broken on accident yet. Mortals were so stupid. They couldn’t see what was plainly in front of their eyes. Not that he wished for Vampires to be found out. It was merely his opinion about how observant the mortals were.

His path took him past a hair and nail salon they was, from what he figured, was another vampire run shop. Quite possibly a front for something. He came upon a nearby bench and settled himself on it to take a little break from his walk. Not that he was tired, being a vampire you rarely got tired. The world around him didn’t exist, so engrossed in his silent reading that he would probably barely notice anyone approach and try to talk to him.

Not unless they were pretty loud and could snap him out of his disassociation with the world.

Uta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:15 pm
User Image

For some time, the gentleman settled upon the bunch was undisturbed. Unbeknownst to him, though, a pair of blue eyes had caught sight of him as he'd passed thee large window, and had been telling her sister all about the gorgeous man settled on the bench.

This wasn't an unusual occurrence in Killer Hair & Nails, as Eloisa was often eager to talk about anyone, and anything that happened outside or inside the doors of the salon. As one of nine sisters, having something interesting to talk about was the only way the dark-haired woman could assert herself, and she'd become something of an expert--or so she liked to believe. Honestly, Eloisa simply could run her mouth regarding any subject or topic, even ones she didn't know about; if she wasn't asking questions, she was looking to know more, or spreading around what she'd heard. She was a grade A gossip, though she was clever enough to know that some things would and should always remain hush-hush.

Like what happened in the VIP Lounge of Killer Hair & Nails Salon, and their backrooms. When it came to genuine secrets, Eloisa was no fool; but everything else was fair game to be repeated.

So it was, a handsome face with a shock of brown hair, reading some book, was just the night's gossip. By the time Eloisa was on her break, however, the gentleman was still there! And by this point in thee night, she was more than ready to figure out if he was single and available. She was hardly a shy violet, and assuming this studious man was available and worth her time, she had better strike while the iron was hot. She had nine sisters, and while some of them had no interest in men, too many others did. If she didn't get her claws into him first, one of them would.

Hopefully, he'd be worth the approach.

"Wish me luck," she told her sister, who would be holding down the fort. "I'll be back in an hour, but if I'm late....don't come lookin', a'ight?" Oh, she had no doubt she'd return to her duties, but just in case things went really well with Mr. Park Bench, she'd work in a little extra time. Clicking her nails together with a bit of excitement, Eloisa paused to shake out her gorgeous, waves, spritz a bit of her favorite scent, and touch up her lipstick.

Gorgeous.

Donned in her leopard print top, bright red slacks, and black pumps with heels so sharp and thin it was a wonder she could walk at all, the huntress approached her unsuspecting prey. He still seemed engrossed in whatever it was he was reading, despite the fact she knew her outfit hugged her hips in all the right places. She'd give him a minute to notice, but if he didn't look up by the time she made it to the bench, she'd just force him to pay attention.

"Well hello there, handsome. This seat taken?" She asked, not really bothering to wait for an answer and sitting herself down next to him on the bench. She'd wait to see if he said a word, acknowledged her in any form, or just continued reading. She knew the bookish type enough to know he might need to be encouraged to focus on something else.

Like a doll as glorious and sexy as she.
Yayoi

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:36 pm
For the most part his time on the bench was uneventful. A few others had wandered past but no one had approached.

Until her.

He outfit was colorful to say the least. She would have definitely stood out in a crowd. If her outfit said nothing about her the volumn in which she spoke told him all he needed to know. This one was loud and had a big personality. Eyes the color of storm clouds swept over her form over the edge of his book as she approached. Her hips wiggled as the sound of her heels clicking against the stone ground. Normally someone like her would be a bit off putting but for some reason he didn’t mind with her. Strange.

But as a Machiavelli he had manners, a smile coming to his lips, friendly yet a coldness lay beneath it. Romeo was a good looking man, there was no denying that. He always looked impeccable and pristine. Rarely did he ever look disheveled or slobbish. Settling his book on his knee as he slipped his thumb between the pages to save his place. Romeo slashed her a charming smile before it faded into stoicism. “Good evening, my lady. Is there something I may assist you wish?” Perhaps she just needed help with something.

Uta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:41 pm
Oh ho!

The fact that the stranger actually looked up from his book, and even offered her a smile, was more than she expected. Usually, they just kept right on reading, or gave a small grunt, and turned aside. This stranger actually made eye contact, and smiled... And oh, what a smile.

It didn't bother her that it wasn't particularly warm. Eloisa was warm enough for the both of them, after all, and was more than ready to bring the heat. Besides, they were but strangers -- she didn't expect him to be open and honest. Few vampires were, after all. No, this dark-haired stranger was like an onion, and Eloisa was more than happy to strip him of his layers.... figuratively speaking, of course.

So it was, she crossed her legs as she settled in the middle of the bench, turning how she sat to better face him. This close up she was able to confirm that he was indeed quite good looking, with dark-brown hair, pale skin, and stormy grey eyes. She'd certainly never seen him before, but perhaps that was for the best. She didn't want him to be, or once been, entangled with one of her sisters, after all.

Of course, it wasn't his smile, or his looks, that surprised Eloisa the most -- it was the formal way h spoke. Did he actually refer to her as my lady? Grendel help her, how was she supposed to respond to that? Where was Coco or Addie to soak up all of his oozing charm? Still, her rose-red lips curled into a fanged smile, and she tilted her head just so. "So formal--I like it," she added, pleased. Not every vampire (or even her fellow Giovanni clansmen) knew how to treat a ladylike her, after all. This one at least had some sense and class. "Saluti a te, Signore," she greeted once more, before adding, "Si, you could help me. I've been dying to know your name ever since I saw you settled on this bench... and to know what book's kept you so engrossed? You were still as a statue every time I passed the window. Must be something good, I'd imagine."

It wasn't that Eloisa wanted to poke and pry (okay, she did, a little bit... a lot of bit...) but she was doing her best to behave. Talking about ones hobbies was always a good ice breaker, after all -- and she only had a short while to try to glean whether or not he was even available or worth her time. She was a Puttanesca, after all... And she deserved only the best.

Yayoi

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:22 pm
If Eloisa wanted the best well, Romeo was cream of the crop. The Machiavelli family was highly respected and quite the favorite of Augustus. Romeo closed his eyes for a moment as he fought back the urge to sigh. Oh, he could see now. She saw him and thought he was just another pretty face. But he was far more than that. Romeo was refinement. From a young age it had been driven into his brain the proper way that a Machiavelli should behave. He was studious but also care free when he was helping his uncle train Faesteeds in his Sapir time. If she wanted a knight in shining armor riding a faesteed than look no further.

She had a pretty smile at least and that warmed him a littleZ “Machiavelli. Romeo Machiavelli. And you are?” He glanced at the book in his hand before he closed it completly. “The complete works of Faegar Allen Poe.” One of his favorite poets. They spoke to him and he could relate to them so much he had gotten his hands on everything the poet ever wrote.

He could only guess what family she was from. So many had been popping up again if could be any. Romeo had to admit though she had a lovely face. Of course, he kept his eye from wandering to other parts of her. To wander to inappropriate places was unacceptable. He barely knew her and even then his eye would probably still not wander. The male had too much respect for women to associate them with just being pretty things to look at.

Uta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:54 pm
Eloisa couldn't help the fact that she saw him as a pretty face. He was a pretty face. A pretty face who had kept himself planted on a park bench right in front of her salon. A pretty face that she wanted to know more about, but until this moment, could only admire to make sure he was still there. Now that she had some free time, and he was still there.... she was here to learn more about him, whether he wanted to or not.

His name surprised Eloisa. A Machiavelli? Here? In front of her shop? Oh, Eloisa had a penchant for keeping up with all the family gossip, and there were stories galore within Clan Giovanni. Rumor had spread quickly that the Machiavelli's had begun to return, just as other family had shown up, as well. Of course, Eloisa knew that the Machiavelli's were quite well favored among the Clan -- and he wouldn't have dropped his name in such a fashion if he wasn't trying to make clear his position superseded her own.

Well.

That made her all the more determined to lay on the charm. She might not be a Machiavelli, but she would show him all the charm of family Puttanesca. "Ah, a pleasure, Signore," she replied, giving him a dip of her head. "An absolute pleasure. I'm Eloisa Puttanesca, owner and head stylist of the fine establishment you see before you," she spoke, proud as ever. And she was proud -- why shouldn't she be?. Never mind she actually co-owned the place with her sisters, and it was really just a front for some of the Clan's shadier dealings, but it was still her little shop, her little place to catch up on all the gossip, and to spend time with her sisters who worked there or visited.. Besides which ,she loved breaking fingers as much as she enjoyed painting nails, so there was nothing but fun in her day-to-day.

As far as his reading material went, she'd at least heard of the author. What good Giovanni hadn't? "Wasn't he the one with the Hum-Thrum....No, I got it -- Tell-Tale Heart, yes? Quoth the raven, nevermore- such a classic....," she smiled. She had a reputation for being loud, but she knew a little bit of literature, at least as far as the Puttanesca's went. "Which one's your favorite? Oh, let me guess--" She lifted a long, intricately decorated, clawed hand to silence any objection the other might speak.

"I'm thinking.....I'm thinking.... The Fall oft the House of Usher, perhaps? Or maybe something a little darker. I was always partial to the Masque of the Red Death, but red is my color, and I do love a good party."

Yayoi

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:09 pm
Puttanesca. That made sense. The Puttanesca had a particular reputation, much of course as all the houses did. But they always seemed like they were more on the temperamental side. Wasted energy if you asked him. But for some reason he didn’t quite suspect that Eloisa followed that rumor to a T. She seemed more loud and energetic than anything.

“Anabel Lee actually:” The one’s she named off were good but deep down past his broody nature Romeo was a romantic at heart. He wore his heart on his sleeve. He could enjoy the beauty of the world around him with a different perspective. And if he had to admit Eloisa was quite beautiful indeed. His gaze swept over her form as she mentioned that red was her favorite color. Romeo could definitely tell.

He settled the book on the bench next to him freeing up his hands. Romeo glanced at the shop she indicated. So he was right, it was a front. Not a surprise. Especially when a Puttanesca owned ane ran it: “so you’re a business owner then. Impressive.” The compliment was genuine. Romeo hid a lot beneath the surface of his exterior but there was one thing he was and that was a genuine man.

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:23 pm
"Oh!" Eloisa couldn't help the small surprise escape her lips as he admitted his favorite. "Now that's a love poem if ever there was one," she admitted, having a small sigh. "Properly tragic, and with unending feeling. A shame she hadn't been properly turned, before that little chill hit her. Then they could have really loved eternally... But I suppose that's the tragedy of it all, isn't it?" She asked thoughtfully, sincerely. Talking poetry on the bench with a handsome stranger.... Hopefully he didn't laugh at her though. She knew she wasn't as book smart as some of them, but there was more to her than just hairspray and breaking bones. Some of her other hobbies just were kept closer to the vest.

It surprised her that he seemed to actually be interested in talking to her... and hadn't dismissed her, or hurried away. Eloisa was well aware that she could come off strong, and be a bit much, but with nine sisters, how else was she to command attention? It was equal parts how she'd been born as much as it was learned. Even then... results were often mixed on whether she managed to get the attention she wanted. She drove off as many, if not more, than she managed to keep around or command, but that didn't bother her.... so she claimed.

Her blue eyes brightened at his compliment, chuffed. Even if it was a front, she was proud of her business, and always happy to help out the family however she could. "Indeed! Someone needs to know how to keep the Clan looking sharp. Though, might I say, you don't seem to need much help on that front," she chuckled, certain that he'd heard all of it before. "However, if you're ever in the mood for a new look-- you just come to the best hair stylist in the city." Her words were warm and good-humored ... she didn't actually expect him to show up on his own, but the offer was genuine.

She did enjoy her craft, after all. And she looked damn fine for it, too. Nevermind her sisters might object to what she was saying but....well.... they weren't here now to listen, were they? "So how are you finding the city so far?"
Yayoi

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:44 pm
Romeo must have surprised her with his response. Sure, anyone could take a look at him and maybe assume that romance was of no interest to him at that time. But they didn’t know him well enough to make they assumption usually. Machiavelli had the reputation of being rather romantic, charming and down right alluring. All these things Romeo had.

He was interested in what she had to say though. Anything otherwise would have been rude and he just couldn’t abide by that kind of behavior. It was rude and uncouth. Romeo flashed her another tangy smile as she went on about her business. She seemed really energized and excited about it. And while he appreciated her offer he probably wouldn’t use their services. His hood looks just far natural.

Leaning but just a litttle he glanced up at he sky. Feeling a bit nostalgic about the city that slept around them. “It’s changed a lot since the last time I was here.” He pointed to a store across the street from where they sat. “Many years ago thst used to be the nicest little French bakery. Their croissants were perfection. Now it’s a music store. The city has its charms though.” He glanced back at her then pointed at another store. “That used to be a butcher but now it’s a flower shop. Just like nature beautiful things can blossom out of things not quite so desirable to some.”

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:44 pm

Eloisa looked about the city as Romeo spoke about the changes that had gripped the city. While she had seen some things come and go, she was too young to have been around to remember a French bakery or the butcher shop. Others in the clan probably remembered such things, but not Eloisa. Still, shee followed where he pointed, her blue eyes softening a bit as she imagined what it must all have been like all those years ago.

"I suppose you'll need to get reacquainted with it," she spoke, words softening. Maybe it was the way he talked about the city, how he wove his words like the very poet he was reading about. He really wasn't quite like any vampire she'd bumped into, was he? A refreshing change, and yet, she couldn't help but be aware of how she was entirely outclassed. Well, she wasn't going to be intimidated by that. "Perhaps you'll find other gems, and new treasures," she encouraged, sincerely hopeful for him.

If he was going to be in town for awhile, maybe he'd find new things to enjoy. "It's not all bad, like you said... and at least you'll have the memories of what once was there. A little sentimentality is good -- too many vampires out there lose it." Not that she blamed them. When you lived an immortal life, it was easy to give up connecting with places and things; it was easy to forget how to feel, and memories of people and places long gone were quick to turn to ash.

"Have you traveled much, then? Your aura's definitely got the look of one more worldly and experienced." Eloisa herself didn't tend to go far. Besides a few shops and restaurants in the heart of the city, she was most familiar with the Killer Nails and the neighboring streets.

Yayoi

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:01 pm
“Forse lo farò.” He smiled. “But change is good, it keeps things from getting stagnant. I look forward to seeing what other changes have come to the city since I was last here.” It had been some time since he had left the estate. Once Edon had left he followed suit not long after. If his Uncle wasn’t there there was no point in him being there as well.

If his station and family reputation made people feel inferior than that was their own problem. Edon had worked hard to give their family what they had, all that Romeo had seen and done would have never been possible is they did not have the money and respect of the other familia.

A chuckle came and he raised an eyebrow at her. “Wise words, bella signora.”

Romeo nodded. “Yes, very much so. When my uncle left I too left to travel the world. Now that he has returned so have I. But I did see a great number of places while I was away. Ancient ruins that spoke of civilizations long since gone, castles of old kings that lay empty and gutted for centuries.” He glanced up at the night sky, whistful recognition in his stormy gaze. “I do admit walking the halls of a castle you visited centuries earlier only to see its solendor ransacked and rotting outside many things in perspective.” Romeo leaned over with a smile. “I still have the armor of you are wondering.”

Uta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:02 pm
Eloisa could hardly imagine the city as he had described it, but she was curious about what else out there might have changed. If he remembered the bakery and the butcher, what other mysteries did the city hold? Well, she'd make note to ask him about it after he was more settled and had time to explore a bit more. He had only just arrived, after all.

Eloisa listened to the other eagerly, enjoying his view of the world, and trying to picture the places he had been. He was indeed well older than she, but she didn't mind. He was simply a distinguished gentleman, with a world view she'd never been exposed to. Then again, it wasn't as if her or her sisters had been expected to make much an impression on the world. Nico had taught them all to become strong and independent, but compared to Romeo, she was a homebody.

That was all right, though. As a vampire, she had nothing but time, and if everyone had the same experiences, there would be no one to share stories with or such a thing as warm homecomings or different opinions and perspectives. "Quanto impressionante!" she half-purred, sincere in her feelings. He really had seen a lot in his time. When he added that he had the armor, she gave a small laugh, blue eyes bright with mirth. "Mmm, a veritable knight in shining armor, I see." Now that was something she could happily envision... and it also made clearer his views on life. "My but you must have plenty of stories. I've only heard about castles, and read about chivalry. We have mansions here, but I don't know the last time I saw a turret, or any damsels in distress... I'm afraid you'll find more mesh and leather than you will plated armor these days. Do you prefer those old days then?" She asked, curious.

Yayoi

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:12 pm
Romeo enjoyed traveling. Seeing the world, experiencing new cultures. Even as a boy he had traveled with his parents and experienced much. They wanted him to not only be book smart but worldly as well. There was no point in a Machiavelli having his nose in books all day when there was much he could learn from the world as well. He was indeed older than her, the Machiavelli knew few he knew personally that were his age. They were usually much older or much younger. But he didn’t mind. It gave him a different perspective of the world.

Her laugh was melodious and he couldn’t help the small smile that tugged at the corner of his lips. Noting her lovely blue eyes and how they sparkles when she laughed. He could write porms about eyes like those. “Would it help complete the image if I told you that I also train and ride Faesteeds?” His Uncle, Edon, was a great Faesteed trainer and the Machiavelli Faesteeds were the best around. Romeo had started learning under his Uncle at an early age as most children of their house did.

He looked thoughtful for a moment as memories of days long since last came to mind. “Much like any era there are good things and bad things about them. I don’t miss the bad things but I do enjoy reminiscing about the good things.” In all fairness he enjoyed what each new era he lived through brought. Sure there were things he could much do without but overall he was satisfied with what he had experienced.

Uta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:22 pm
When Romeo admitted he trained and rode Faesteeds, Eloisa's eyebrows did indeed lift in surprise. Still, it was more incredulous and delighted than shocked, and she couldn't help but laugh in delight. "You're just full of surprises, aren't you, Signore?" She asked slyly, quite amused. "I don't know when I last saw a Faesteed, much less someone riding one. You don't find too many here, last I checked," she mused thoughtfully. "But perhaps that'll change now that you and your uncle are back in town."

She gave Romeo a sidelong look, finding it far too easy to imagine him in silver armor, mounted upon some regal black steed. Most Giovanni she knew were more temperamental, with old-fashions views, happy to break fingers or kneecaps to get their way. No doubt Romeo could do that, too, but his sort of old-fashioned ideas were just different. Chivalrous. Not just old-fashioned but almost made up of myth and legend. Now that was something she hadn't known about...

"Do you own many, then? And are the coming with you to the city or are they still back at your previous estate?" She asked. "I suppose the city's not much a place for them but..." It really would have been quite the sight to see.

"Well, anytime you want to resmince, you just come right around then. You sound like a man with plenty of stories -- would be nice to hear more of them someday," she encouraged. Eloisa certainly liked a good story, and while she was known to gossip, it wasn't just to spread rumors; she just liked to know what was going on, and to learn about others the only wa she knew how. At least with Romeo, he had actual stories to tell... "I may not seem it, but I can be an awful good listener," she added with a small, self-deprecating laugh. And that was the truth. She knew she was a loud-mouth, but that was just who she was. She could listen, when she needed to.

Like right now. But it was easy to listen to Romeo, especially when there weren't eight other sisters trying to get in on the conversation.

"So is it just you, your uncle, and your Faesteeds come to town then? Or do you have any other siblings, or family on their way?" She did realized that perhaps it sounded like she was trying to pry, and she added quickly, "You don't have to answer, signore. You just seemed close to your Uncle. I've eight sisters, myself, and a brother... Needless to say, we're a bit of a vocal bunch." Vocal. Fierce. Temperamental.

Yayoi

Uta
Crew

Shy Mage

Yayoi
Vice Captain

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:51 pm
“When you’ve lived as long as o have you tend to be a bit more mysterious, yes.” Romeo laughed. For some reason it felt easy to laugh with her. Normally he wouldn’t be acting quite like this around anyone but with her. What was it? She had charm in her own way and didn’t seem to be afraid to speak what was on her mind.

“They are beautiful creatures. My Uncle owns many I just have the one at the moment.” One was probably about as much as he could have handled at the moment. “Sometimes they are good for when you go to places with more difficult terrain. They are very sure footed.” Romeo may have just had the one himself but he did help his Uncle out with training from time to time of his own so he had experience with all sorts of Faesteed personalities and temperaments.

Tilting his head slightly as her question he shook his head. “No, my Aunt and younger brother will be returning shortly as well. I look forward to their arrival. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen either of them. And I’m sure more family will pop up again once word finishes spreading of Edon’s return.” He admired his Uncle a lot. He too a worldly gentleman though there was something always cold beneath that smile. Romeo aspired to be just like Edon. He was a vampire worthy of looking up to.

Her offer to listen to his stories did intrigue him. It was rare that people did want to listen to his stories. Youth could be limiting of any type of conversation sometimes. But who could it really hurt? And if she really did want to listen he had plenty he could tell. “Alright then. But if they start to bore you I would stop.” He agreed. It would be nice to have someone outside the family to talk to.

Uta

◕ Roleplay: Vampires

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces