Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[GOLDFLIGHT] Test Your Mettle (Kleoth's Maiden Flight!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:21 pm
Dusk settled over Western Weyr, the red and oranges of the sunset having faded into the deeper purples of oncoming night. Though the heat of the summer was already relentless, the cool breezes from the ocean offered relief. Thread fell constantly now, and the queen’s anger was a low, simmering thing. Every dragon injured or killed by their ancient foe had her seething, and her golden hide had taken on a gleaming quality that Phryana had been carefully monitoring. Though normally an affable and eloquent gold, Kleoth’s mood had strayed towards something darker and more biting these days. She was restless this evening, unable to enjoy the simple comfort of her sand wallow and was pacing the beach with agitation. Phryana watched her with narrowed, thoughtful eyes from her hut, sipping quietly from a mug.

Back and forth, back and forth. Her talons raked at the sand with each impatient stride, and Kleoth’s tail lashed through the air with a whip-like crack. The tension only seemed to grow with each passing second, and when it finally seemed too much to bear, she paused. Those powerful shoulders bunched before the queen leapt into the air, driven by instinct. Phryana rushed outside at once, her drink forgotten as she watched her dragon dive to the feeding pens. Who dares to try and hunt me this night? She roared her challenge to the Weyr, snapping her jaws down on an unfortunate wherry. She would feast, as was her right! But her rider was in her mind, fighting her, and Kleoth whipped her head around to snarl at the impudence.

Blood only, Kleoth! Phryana knew what to expect, but seeing her beloved look at her with those whirling red eyes was--unsettling. Her queen fought the command, wanting to gorge, but Phryana was unyielding. Will you deliberately make yourself a slow, easy target? She goaded, and felt a furious flash of temper in response.

Slow? Easy? Kleoth hissed with disdain, latching her jaws onto her prey to drink the blood that would fuel her for the flight to come. Never! Tonight, she would command the skies and see who could match her furious pace. Come! I would test your strength myself to see if you are worthy of siring my children! She carelessly discarded her first wherry and snatched another, eager for more.

Phryana exhaled roughly, clenching her hands into fists to keep them from trembling. The first hurdle was done. Soon, very soon, Kleoth would be ready to take to the skies.

User Image

Kleoth
Positive Traits: Protective, Eloquent, Maternal
Negative Traits: Foolhardy, Overly Trusting, Interfering

Phryana
Positive Traits: Tenacious, Composed, Resourceful
Negative Traits: Bitter, Haughty, Guarded  
Welcome to Kleoth’s maiden flight! This ICly takes place a few days after the Threadfall game. I’ve copied some of the rules shamelessly from other goldflights.

Flight Begins: Now!
Round Round Starts: Wednesday around 6 PM CST!

Rules:
  • There is no predetermined winner!
  • Winner will be determined via a dice roll between the top 3 fliers who have total scores closest to Kleoth and any dark horses who grab her attention via RP flavor!
  • Matching Kleoth’s roll/total score does NOT mean an automatic win, but they will be put on the list as a potential winner!
  • This flight is only open to Western Weyr dragons.
  • If you have no bronzes or browns available, NPCs are allowed. If the chosen winner is an NPC, they will be made into a real dragon with art per Staff.
  • Greens and Blues may participate, but may not win and MUST drop out after Round 2. Whites cannot participate.
  • There will be four rounds once rolling begins.
  • Rolling but not filling out a post results in half points. Not rolling for the round results in a 0.
  • Please keep track of your points.
  • GOLDRIDERS: Please remember to have your golds leave the weyr during the flight.
  • Goldflights do cause Flight Lust! This means that everyone will be feeling some effects with the exception of jr. weyrlings and children! Please KEEP this in mind!
  • The winning bronze or brown will be granted the option to write a hatchling for the upcoming clutch, as well as participate in the Clutching, Touching, and Hatching.
  • PLEASE NOTE! Kleoth may not allow your boy onto the sands with the eggs! She will be a protective mother, and depending on how things work out ICly, she may not tolerate him during the Clutching/Touching/Hatching. Once the babies have Impressed and gone off on their own, however, please have all the dad time!
  • Bronzes and browns, you may be asked to sit out of future gold flights if you win (as the Weyrleaders might want to spread the blood ICly and OOCly we might want to be fair to other bronze and brown dergs).

Kleoth's Stats:
Gold Dragon: +50
Less than 5 turns: +3
Fit/Motivated: +10
Blooding Bonus: +5
68 pts

Strength: 19
Speed: 10
Dexterity: 6
Stamina: 17
Wits: 16

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Determining Your Chaser's Stats:
Base points for bronze: 45 points
Base points for brown: 40 points
Base points for blue: 30 points
Base points for green: 25 points

If the chaser is:
- Less than 5 turns: +3 points
- Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
- Between 21-35 turns: +7 points
- Above 36 turns: +5 points

- Rotund/Lazy: +0 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
- Fit/Motivated: +10 points

- Participated in this most recent Threadfall: +5 points
- Colorist/traditional-minded dragons: -5 points
- Brown: -5 points

Please distribute your total points in the below stats based on your dragon’s history and personality.

Strength:
Speed:
Dexterity:
Stamina:
Wits:

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Here are the rules for battle mechanics!

To calculate HP stat:
Brown: 40
Bronze: 45

To attack:
- Declare your target (they must have posted a filled out post in the previous round!) and Roll 2d12. You can attack anybody (except for blues or greens! They're too small and that would be mean.) regardless of score.
- Subtract the 1st dice from the 2nd dice. This is how much damage you afflict on your target!
    You roll a 5,8. 8 - 5 = 3 damage!
    You roll a 8, 5. 5 - 8 = -3 (you missed!)

-Kleoth will not roll a second dice and will purely roll for damage!

-Your rolled score is a base of 15 + however much damage you inflict
    3 Damage is 15 + 3 = 18 for your score!
    - 3 Damage is 15 - 3 = 12 for your score!
    -Make sure you quote your target so they know they took damage!

If you have questions, ask me please!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:59 pm
User Image

It was only a few days after the long haul Threadfall and Adarith's wounds were still tender, but they were the furthest thing from his mind as he felt the challenge echoing in his mind from Kleoth. He and T'sar were on the shore, the large brown bathing in the sea to let the salt water clean out the deeper Threadscore wounds that were still healing up. He paddled towards shore with purpose, the gold's words calling to him.

"Adarith?" T'sar murmured. He'd fallen asleep on the brown's shoulders, having spent the day sunbathing and was now enjoying the warm evening air. Once he woke up properly he could feel the intense need, the desire to answer Kleoth's call burning in his own mind. That was answer enough.

"Don't over do it. You're still healing," the blonde cautioned as he slid down Adarith's side, landing in the wet sand as Adarith reached the shoreline.

A queen is just as worthy a cause to fight for as Thread. I'll give it everything I have, he growled quietly in return, his eyes already swirling red and purple. Adarith was not one to take any challenge lying down and whenever he chased - golds or greens - he was always ready to blood his competitors.

With a powerful jump he took to the skies, beating his wings to reach the feeding pens where Kleoth feasted upon the blood of the prey beasts there.

If it is strength you want, shining Kleoth, I have all you could want and more to spare. You shall see. He may be a brown and certainly not as powerful as some of the bronzes that would surely rise, but he didn't let that curb his confidence.

---

Adarith: Adarith isn't the nicest dragon out there. He is very demanding and has a very short temper, which is a combination for a volatile creature. Brimming with energy, Adarith requires mental and physical exertion to keep out of trouble. He has scars from scrapes with other dragons and he wears them with pride. He uses his demeanor and his size to his advantage and when he is the smaller dragon in a situation, he doesn't let it get to his head. Despite his rough personality he is a fierce fighter and defender of his home, and to those that can withstand his brutish ways, they can find an honorable and loyal friend and soldier beneath the dark hide.
T'sar: Positive: Charismatic, Graceful, Learns from the past/his mistakes.
Negative: Snobby, Vain, Fearful of rejection.
Available for anyone looking for a fun night.

---

Adarith's Stats
Base points for brown: 40 points
Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
Fit/Motivated: +10 points
Participated in this most recent Threadfall: +5 points
Brown: -5 points

Total: 60 points

Strength: 15
Dexterity: 10
Stamina: 15
Wits: 10  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:22 pm
User Image

T'kita could feel his dragon stir - Navarath was always itching right before Threadfall, but that had been days past and still several days more before it returned again. But that tickle of desire wedged itself under even the dark-haired man's skin, stirring him. Navarath wanted battle, he wanted to dress himself in the ichor of combat and while Thread was always the easiest, most willing cause, another was rising - quite literally.

I see. T'kita's mental voice was absolutely dripping with pleased amusement at what had stirred his dragon so - and he saw no reason to keep himself from similar desires. He'd seen Kleoth's rider and was certain he could at least make it as good of a night for her as it was surely to be for the gold. Still half-dressed for what had been a plan to retire for the evening, he instead stepped from his weyr and made his way down the beach to see if he could spot Phryana before any competition of his own arrived.

Navarath, eyes whirling with dark purple-reds, stretched his wings and snapped his jaws, reading both for the skies as he pushed, with some struggle, off of the soft yield of the sands to take to the sky. He'd dare tempt Kleoth's ire, settling into the pen without any fear to snatch up his own unfortunate beast to feed off of - blood, perhaps, but if he ripped flesh and swallowed it down in the process, only half a corpse was still better than the entire thing.

I shall rejoice in the glory of combat, fierce queen - be it against you or the rest of your thrall, he rumbled deeply, less interested in the prospect of fatherhood and far more in the idea of proving his mettle against eager fellows.

----

Bronze Navarath
Navarath hatched ferocious and battle hungry - and while he is not blind with his desire for physical competition, he can be incredibly coarse which can hide his noble nature.

T'kita is a former pit fighter who has had to prove his mettle via combat and has the lean muscle to show for it. He sees everything as a bit of a competition and will look down on those he sees as cowardly or whiny.

-12 turns old
-Motivated
-Bronze

45 + 10 + 10 = 65

Strength: 18
Speed: 7
Dexterity: 7
Stamina: 18
Wits: 15

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:25 pm
NPC Bronze Zibeth

The call of a Queen was not something that Zibeth would ever ignore. He fully believed that each and every one was precious and deserved all the suitors. But this one, with her snarl and her challenge roused something inside that was different. She wanted to be hunted but was also strong and fierce. Kleoth was young, yes, and yet she was not weak or worried about her first flight.

Lady, I do believe that you will lead us on the finest of hunts tonight. Where you go we follow. He rose perched on his ledge, ready to take off when she did. A cunning predator does not use purely strength to catch their prey. And a Gold as lovely as you deserves more that brute strength. Let me show you how a gentleman hunts. He waited patiently, poised for flight, choosing to conserving energy and wait to see where she headed first.

—-

Bronze: 45
7 years old: +10
motivated: +10
Total: 65

Dexterity: 9
Stamina: 16
Wits: 15  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In his early Turns, Pipith had been the most eager of chasers, though not because he was an amorous dragon; no, he was an exceedingly competitive one, who saw Flights as contests and a chance to prove his strength and worth. As he'd matured, he'd calmed down, settled into himself and grown into true confidence, and eventually reached a point where he didn't feel the need to take the sky at every opportunity, whether green or gold. Not that he didn't still find them attractive, and indulge on occasion, but not in the excess of his early days. He no longer needed such victories to validate himself, especially since the return of Thread, which provided a welcome outlet for his ferocity and need to excel. It was rare that the sweet or seductive calls of rising females stirred him from his wallow, but this evening's call was neither sweet nor seductive. It was a challenge that thrilled through him, and his head snapped up, eyes whirling with purples and reds.

As he stood, he lashed his tail and snapped his jaws in anticipation, claws kneading the sand. He'd suffered no significant injuries during the past 'Fall, in spite of the length of it, but his hide was littered with other, older 'scores and scars, and he was proud of every one, right down the the digit missing from his forepaw. They were very likely the only thing about him that some might consider handsome: while tiny in length for a bronze, his musculature was exceedingly bulky, making him look a brute more than anything else...an impression his scars only added to. No few of those scars had, as it happened, been earned over the course of Flights - he'd ever seen them as contests, and his competitors as rivals, and never hesitated to fight against them tooth and claw if he deemed it necessary. The thought of it already had his ichor rising, and the sight when he arrived at the feeding pens only stoked the flames of it. Kleoth was gloriously savage as she tore into her quarry, and the sight of the other males cause still more red to enter his gaze. A low, rumbling growl built in his throat, directed at no one at all. It had been some time since a gold's call had gotten his ichor up, and he was more than eager, chomping at the bit for the challenge that lay before him.

I dare, he said simply, neither laying claim nor offering sweet words. He was worthy and he knew it - was he not already a seasoned fighter and proven sire, even if the bulk of his get did not reside at Western? - but he would not presume to announce that, nor to heap predictions or assumptions on her. No, he would allow his actions to speak for him, and Kleoth could judge for herself whether or not she found him worthy.

---

Pipith's Stats:
Base points for bronze: 45
Between 6-20 turns (14): +10
(ICly he participated in Threadfall BUT I SURE DIDN'T so.)

Strength: 17
Speed: 9
Dexterity: 13
Wits: 11  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:06 pm
Brown Belengath
User Image
The brown was dosing on his ledge. Night was closing in. His rider had done enough things this day to set the brown on edge. When the gold's challenge came it didn't take long for the brown to decide. A little payback would serve his rider right. Mine, Kleoth is rising, and I will chase her. But.. but... what about your wounds? They will not matter.

Belengath left his ledge and went to the feeding pens, to watch the glowing gold blooding her kills. He hummed his approval. Greetings vibrant Kleoth. I am Belengath and happy to be your suitor tonight. He perched out of the way and waited. I would not hunt you Kleoth, for you are no prey to be caught and devoured. But I will honor you with a thrilling chase.

I do not invite many to my ledge, but I would be honored if you would share it with me this night. The older brown let his eyes fill the purple. He would give it his all.

Brown- 40
Age above 36- +5
Average- +5
Threadfall +5
Brown- -5
Total: 50

Strength: 9
Speed: 8
Dexterity: 10
Stamina: 10
Wits: 13

magnadearel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:55 pm
User Image

- Less than 5 turns: +3 points

= 58 points

Speed: 4
Dexterity: 4
Wits: 20

---

A dark, lanky figure separated himself from the shadows. At first glance he might well have been mistaken for the same, but in Rukbat's dying light a flicker of metallic hide gleamed... striking as would a spark that suddenly burst into flame. It took shape, the darkling brilliance that was muscle, maw, and murderous intent as bronze Illiandinth pounced upon his prey. A lone buck fell beneath teeth and claw, and at C'sar's insistent urging, the great bronze beast sucked down blood alone.

I dare, oh Kleoth of Western Weyr. No doubt a proud example of her kind, but none among them could doubt that. At the queen's ferocious demands a flicker of respect stirred within the dragon's breast... only to be drowned out by the demand that filled his every essence. He would stop at nothing to prove himself worthy of this.

Even as his hearts lay behind with his wounded mate, Illiandinth, son of Vimiath and Blundarth, knew that he must soar above. Casting aside the drained herdbeast, his claws next sought a wherry. A little, a little, a little, came the cautioning whisper of his rider's thoughts. Too much and he would weigh himself down. His wings ached to open, his claws to tear at more than their traditional prey.

Bugling a challenge, the bronze rose to his haunches, wings half-spread, ready to take to the skies at a moment's notice. Muscles bunched, he prepared. A fierce queen demanded bloodsport... and who was the Demon if not the answer to this charge? Let us see what you are made of. And let her see, in her turn, what he was made of... what he might offer. He had made no bones about his purpose. He did not desire to be held close to her hearts. No, there was something far more primal at work.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:44 pm
User Image
PC N'sarl of bronze Uskatath

Kleoth's pacing had not gone unnoticed. Perhaps it was not the back and forth motions of the irate queen that had fight caught Uskatath's eyes, but the gleam of her hide had looked particularly appealing to the might bronze. He was no fool, after all, and only the very blind or very stupid might not have noticed that she was all but glowing.

So when she took to the feeding pens to blood, he was not surprised.

Let the rest of the Weyr scramble as they found themselves at the mercy of the young queen--Uskatath was ready, and he had every intention of winning. Let the bronzes and fool browns chase; as far as he was concerned, he had already won. If Kleoth escaped his clutches, another contender would be just as useful for his needs.

His eyes whirled red and purple, and though his fangs bared at both queen and competition. Would she require love songs and praise? What hoops would she force them all to fly this night? It didn't matter, really--for Uskatath was here for one thing and one thing only. He said nothing to her challenge, for it was not truly a question worth answering, was it?

Why waste precious resources explaining himself, when she could well see with her own eyes who might take after her. Besides, a predator would not disclose his location, and surely, Kleoth might be queen enough to know such a thing. If she didn't realize he was in the chase, than all the more surprising it would be when he caught her!

But surely, the flight was only just beginning--he was experienced enough to know this battle was only just beginning.

G'vos, for his part, had been settled in the dining Hall, nursing a goblet of wine after a game of cards. Now, both game and drink were forgotten as the lust of both queen and bronze gripped him. There would be no fighting the feeling tonight.

((Playing for fun and story and RP.... but don't need to be considered as a contender! Even if Uskatath is enraged by this.))

Uskatath: He is a bronze who fits the High Reaches ideal far more than that of Western. Though he loathes his current home, he remains out of a sense of duty--and because his rider refuses to leave. He's judgmental, pompous, arrogant, and not entirely a friendly sort of bronze. He's all edges, and not afraid of a good fight. Uskatath is a formidable Threadfighter and reliable (if unpleasant) wingmate.

N'sarl: He was once trouble, and even after Impression, hasn't gotten much better. Returning to High Reaches Weyr is a temptation but something--or someone--keeps him there. He's aloof, rough-around-the-edges, and generally hard to get to know. He's slightly-less-pompous than his bronze, and can (quietly) do good things when the mood strikes.

Determining Your Chaser's Stats:

If the chaser is:

- Between 21-35 turns: +7 points

- Between 21-36 turns: +7
- Motivatedl: +10 points
57 total

Please distribute your total points in the below stats based on your dragon’s history and personality.

Strength:16
Dexterity: 5
Stamina: 16

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:30 pm
User Image
Bronze Nasath

Pros: Patient, loving, steadfast, confident.
Cons: Bossy, lazy when A'iel's not looking, impolite.
STATS
- Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
TOTAL: 60

Strength: 16
Dexterity: 5
Stamina: 19

Well well well now... That wasn't something you saw every day, even if Nasath might wish it was. A beautiful gold about to take flight, bellowing her demand for any and all willing suitors to give chase, to hunt her through the skies, to flaunt their prowess to earn her eye... The bulky bronze heaved himself up from where he had been dozing as the evening crept in, giving a languid stretching flex of his wings, his neck, his jaws, ending with an answering roar of eager fervor. I'm sure many here are worth your time, but I can promise that only I am worth your hearts, fierce Kleoth... or consideration to share a clutch with, at least!

He dropped from his ledge like a stone, falling fast and heavy before snapping open his wings to catch him just before he reached the gathering point among the throng. The wherries and herdbeasts were rightfully all in a panic, but he ignored them utterly, the whole of his focus fixed upon the glowing golden queen, watching for any sign or twitch of bunching muscles that would tell of when she meant to spring into the sky. With no sign of a certain brown, his entire attention was on her and her alone. None of the others were even worth a long enough look to identify.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:48 pm
User Image

It hadn't been hard to tell what was about to happen. Kleoth's presence was something beyond electric right now, and Belsheveth knew where he needed to be--watching and waiting, ready to rise after her and give chase. She blooded quickly, and the sheer vigor that propelled her movements has him entranced in an instant. It couldn't be said that she wasn't every bit the very image of a magnificent glittering queen right now, and he wouldn't dare suggest anything so foolish.
There's already plenty of suitors lined up and waiting, and Belsheveth took his place with little fanfare--there's no need to waste energy drawing attention to himself, especially not when he'd need all of it once they were in the air. From what he can see out of the crowd, there's a pair of Browns who seem just as eager to chase as any Bronze, and he makes a note to keep an eye out for those two. If anyone had something to prove tonight, it may very well be them.

Kleoth. His mindvoice is soft and deep, and he's careful to keep his tone even. Still, regardless of how respectful he is, there's an undercurrent of something more intense lurking below the niceties Belsheveth has already prepared. Test my strength all you wish--if that is the price to chase you, I will gladly pay it.

Bronze Belsheveth
positive traits : honorable, protective, outspoken, hardworking, unflappable
negative traits : self-sacrificing, holds grudges, tight-laced, reclusive, stubborn

stats
bronze - 45
between 6-20 turns - +10
fit - +10
total :: 65

strength - 15
speed - 10
dexterity - 10
stamina - 16
wits - 14

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:32 pm
User Image

It was difficult not to be excited. An ineffable tension blanketed the Weyr, and Auriath found himself pacing endlessly in his wallow, leaving small tracks in the warm sand. The sky was brilliant, Rukbat was brilliant... this, whatever this intangible force was, was positively electric.

Kito sensed his dragon's mounting anticipation, and considered his options. Auriath had never chased before, but they had described the feeling in training. He wondered if he ought to wait for an inviting crowd to gather, or seek someone out of his own accord.

Do not act ungentlemanly, Kito. It would be very embarrassing should I win. Auriath reminded him, his teasing a scintillating strike in the young man's mind. The rider shrugged, a slight smirk playing across youthful features.

Moments stretched into an eternal game of patience, the sky slowly darkening overhead. Reds and purples warred, but Auriath was a patient creature. His blood might be fizzling, but his attention was drawn and taut. He wouldn't waver from his diligent pacing until... Until she appeared, in all of her glory.

Kleoth. Came the lilting note of approval. Kito grinned, and for a small instant thought of his brother, still recovering from his injury, and his bronze who lay in wait. Fly. Fly like tomorrow will never come. Auriath did not need telling twice. Lean muscles bunched as he leapt from his sandy wallow, landing in the feeding pens as the golden queen issued her challenge.

How great a hunt you will lead us on, my queen. Auriath greeted with a purr, settling on his own beast to blood. I would strike against the walls of your hearts until you fall, defeated, into my arms. It came as a low rumble, his best efforts at suave self-confidence. The other suitors assembled were certainly very fine, but did any shine as brightly as he and his courageous hearts? That, he doubted.

Stats:

Strength: 10
Speed: 15
Dexterity: 14
Wits: 14

Bronze: +45
Less than 5 Turns: +3
Threadfall Participant: +5

Total: 63

Strength: 10
Speed: 15
Dexterity: 14
Wits: 14

Kito: Available for a night of fun, 19, pansexual, ex-Rivercrest Hold courtesan, more about living in the moment and leans towards a hedonistic lifestyle.
Positive Trait List: Effervescent - Thoughtful - Charming
Negative Trait List: Shallow - Garrulous - Fidgety

Auriath: Vain, passionate, light-hearted and fun, Auriath believes himself a shining, resplendent beacon of dragonkind. He's a little particular and over-the-top, and his teasing banter often ventures into cutting territory. He doesn't mean to be rude, truly, but sometimes he just doesn't think things through very well (blame it on a short attention-span). Can sometimes be pompous and self-indulgent, although never with malicious intent. Very particular about looking and feeling his best, the recent Threadfall left him with a collection of scars he both rues and boasts about: look at him. Such a warrior.
Positive Trait List: Ardent - Attentive - Amiable
Negative Trait List: Teaser - Devil's advocate - Fussy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:44 am
NPC Bronze Baloroth

R'en had been starting to get ready to wind down for the day after having bathed himself and his dragon with dusk settling in over Western Weyr, but there was this intense feeling of anticipation radiating from his bondmate. Poking his head out to inquire after Baloroth, the rider had barely made it to lean against the doorframe when the bronze answered his building question.

The scarred male was on his feet next to his wallow, head angled with his one remaining good eye, now a whirl of intense red and purple, trained on a fixed point that his rider couldn't see from his spot in the doorway. His tail was snapping periodically side to side and the way he was sinking his claws into the sand were the only things indicating the tension building within him. Kleoth's growing agitation, her hide growing increasingly resplendent of late, her ferocity now. A Queen was getting ready to rise.

'Kleoth is in the feeding pens, blooding. She's called challenge. She's rising and I will chase.' Having had a small meal after the bathing and oiling late that afternoon, Baloroth didn't go diving into the feeding pens himself. Instead, he was getting ready to take to the sky, taut like a drawn bowstring, primed to be loosed. She wanted to be hunted? She asked who dared? He didn't voice his response, instead he sent the luminous gold his intention. He would pursue her with a dogged fervor that would hopefully answer any possible questions or quell any doubt about his suitability as the one to maybe catch her up and sire her children. Let him be tested, be it upon her own teeth and claws, or those of her other suitors. Baloroth would gladly rise to the challenge. He would not be cowed. He would gladly fight for her. He was ready.

R'en brought a hand up to rub his face, took a slow, deep, subtly shuddering inhale, and huffed his exhale as he dropped his arm back down to his side, turning back inside his hut. "Right. Whew! I'll go grab a shirt then..." Having no partner of his own to simply get wrapped up with for such occasions, he'd go see what chance might bring him out in the Weyr. He quickly pulling on a loose linen shirt and off he went, so as to try to get into the thick of things.

.:Baloroth's Stats:.
HP: 45/45
Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
Fit/Motivated: +10 points

Strength: 16
Dexterity: 9
Stamina: 17
Wits: 13

Baloroth-
Positive: Quick learner, dependable, protective, earnest
Negative: Standoffish, self-sacrificing, unyielding, demanding

Baloroth has the look of a fighter, large, well muscled, and bearing the scars of seeing action. The right side of his face and some onto his neck bear burns from a wayward blast of flame, missing the eye on that side. His body, tail, and wings are peppered with threadscore scars. He'll, of course, flame the thread if he can, but he's also the sort to take the hits for others if he needs to. Behind his typical aloofness, stubborn stick-to-itiveness, and unvoiced expectations that he often expects others to adhere to, Baloroth isn't one to shy away from work or duty and has a sincerity that can surprise some if they've more readily experienced his brusqueness.

R'en, 29, ex-baker/cook, is pansexual and open to letting the flight lust simply take him where it may.

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:06 am
Aurelia of Brown Wolveth
User Image

For many months the brown's attention had been solely focused the threat of the enemy as it continued to fall more and more continuously. With the constant fighting in the skies Wolveth did not seem as quick to anger at slights thrown towards he or his rider but Aurelia still did her best to watch the impassioned dragon.

It was not unusual to see the brown pacing upon the sands near their weyr. Though his night the brown's attentions quickly went elsewhere, a challenge issued forth from a rising gold. Eyes swirled between red and purple as a deep bellow issued from within his chest as he called back out towards her. Wings stretched Wolveth launched himself into the air with Aurelia lifting her attention up from a hide she had been writing upoon.

Chasing at a time like this Wolveth? The snide voice earned the woman a snap in response. A release is needed. Kleoth has turned ferocious.

A shake of her head had Aurelia moving within her beachside weyr to stay.

Climbing high with others Wolveth snapped at any that grew too close to him though his main focus remained upon Kleoth. A growl and another bellow were all that he issued, there was no point to waste words or try and sway her with sweet talk. He would prove himself with his strength and wildness.

Wolveth's Stats
Base Brown: +40
Between 5-20: +10
Brown: -5
Total: 55

Strength: 12
Dexterity: 11
Stamina: 12
Wit: 10

[IC RP] Western Weyr