Where to Start?

So, I know that the world set-up is a little bit complex, and it doesn't leave much of a 'starting point' per se. But that's exactly how I want this RP experience to be. I want you to design your own story. This is a universe that I have designed, in which I hope you will be excited to populate and bring to life with your own ideas and stories. I want you to be excited to create a fresh character for this world, and see what you can do with them!

However, there is a general starting point for each character before you deviate on your own paths. This starting point will be the headquarters of the KinsGuard. There is an HQ in each of the three main Kingdoms:

Kingdom of Raylyn with the capitol city of Oar's Rest, led by Chancellor Jaqoby Gunsworth.

Demetian Empire with the capitol city of Dellhaven, led by Duc Edmond Feralius.

Kandari Wastes with the capitol city of Agroska, led by High Priest Gilabrahl Unandas.

You may decide to start your journey from any of these three locations. You are free to RP within the city limits, but you also have to realize that your actions within the world have consequences. If you RP that you enter a home and murder someone...I do hope you expect not to be in control of the consequences. NPCs will actively intervene in your lives, and in some cases, will happily end them.

What To Do When I Start?

As you start your roleplay, you can choose to begin at your Relic selection, the day you graduate training and are allowed to select your own personal relic (the one you first create in your profile), or you can decide to begin your RP just afterwards, either still within the HQ, or just after leaving it. What you want to do with your character from there is totally up to you! You will gain much more experience by working together with other people, as you get to combine your line totals when you are doing missions together. You will also gain more words during combat than any other time, so going on excursions resulting in battles can be rewarding, and also dangerous. As you travel outside of major city limits, even if you are not on a mission, you are susceptible to attack. The further you travel outside of the limits, the more dangerous it becomes. Only the main cities are noted, as of now, but any significant discovered locations, as well as their danger rating will be updated if anyone happens to discover noteworthy places during their roleplay. This can be your own player-made destination that is a part of your missions, or it could be something I make while we roleplay together. The world will live and grow through your contributions!

In case of a situation where you are overwhelmed in combat, and your Health reaches 0, you will not permanently lose your character. Each KinsGuard is implanted when they begin their training with a stepping stone beneath their sixth rib. This stepping stone activates when the life force of the host becomes critical, and will energize the body--turning it into pure light--and return it to the nearest of the three sacred stones--stepping stones located in the HQs of the KinsGuard where the implants are trained to return to. This, for the most part, avoids any sort of permanent loss of the KinsGuard. However, the experience is extremely painful, and leaves the body in a poor state. (Thus, the cost of returning to full health, which is explained in your stats section).

Lastly, the greater unknown for the KinsGuard is their enemy. The Golems. These aberrations are as versatile in form and shape as liquid water. At first, they were mere chunks of minerals that came from the ground. But under the guidance of Icarus, and with the immense amount of magic it contains, the Golems' forms have become fluid and malleable. They seem to shift their forms to take on whatever suits the situation and have been seen in any imaginable form. The magic minerals they are made up of, when softened through their own energy control, to shift their form even allows these golems to feel similar textures to skin or fur. They are the ultimate doppelgangers, and as such, any time a KinsGuard returns from mission, they are scanned for abnormalities. A Golem could steal a person's identity without a second glance, but the scan picks up on all KinsGuard implants, and detects the mineral the Golems are made up of. As such a Golem entering would cause the scans to go off the charts.

This should give you a little bit of an intro to where you start, and the organization you are a part of at the beginning of your experience! Remember, your story is your own. You could have gotten into the KinsGuard for job security so you could hunker down and sit on your a** in safety, who knows. It's just the starting point so everyone has the knowledge / ability to use their relics, and it will also fit into the guild-wide events that take place when we get rolling! =]