Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:45 pm

Sullenly wielding a parasol that, frankly, did not suit him whatsoever or match his outfit, A'kios stared at his stubborn dragon. "Cillath, this obsession must end. I am not a little doll to dress up and accessorize." Liat had once worked to show A'kios how to put his foot down with his dragon, and Kio didn't intend to give up. ... Then again, neither did Cillath, apparently. "The hat does its job without any need to add ridiculous frippery." Not that Kio didn't like looking good, but Cilla seemed determined to make him feminine to boot.

That was one thing that the brownrider did not want to be. Sure, he had quite long hair. Sure, he was on the pretty side. But why did Cillath always have to emphasize it with silly things like this? He didn't think it suited him at all. Why was the brown practically obsessed with it? ... And also, just who exactly had put the idea in his head to begin with?

Leaning against an exterior wall and staring his dragon down, Kio waited for sense to finally creep into the brown. Something told him he'd be waiting forever.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:50 pm
It was a rest day, and S'tehl had no where of importance to be. The late summer sun was out in full force, and the beach looked tempting; it wouldn't be long before the waters cooled down to uncomfortable levels, so the pale haired man wanted to take every advantage of beach as he could. With a large towel and blanket draped over his shoulder, a bucket full of oil and some brushes in one hand, and a sack full of treats and a water skin in the other, S'tehl was on his way down to enjoy a light picnic for one.

His blue walked slowly next to him, eyes whirling a bright green in anticipation. Sanrienth was more than ready to have some fun at the beach, and was being very good in not simply bounding down to the waters edge. They hadn't yet left the Weyr entirely, when S'tehl noticed a fellow wingmate yielding a parasol, and having what looked to be a stare-down with their dragon.

He had half a mind to simply keep walking, but another part of him figured he could at least say hello. "A'kios!" He called out. "You're looking fine as ever," he complimented sincerely. The rider's beauty was well noted, even without the accessories. "I think that thing will work better when it's opened than used as a sword--but maybe I'm mistaken." He grinned with his usual good humor, not overly worried if the other man didn't take kindly to being sassed.

Sanrienth, who was only slightly less thrilled with having his beach trip momentarily paused, did turn to gaze upon Cillath. He rumbled greeting at the brown, even as his tail tip flicked with impatience. Good day, Cillath. You're looking very well this day. He might as well be polite--especially in good looking company. Like rider, like dragon, a beach adventure was far more fun with company than without.

Mr Cheri

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:26 pm

Shardit.

Of course he couldn't have been alone in that moment. Of course S'tehl had to tease him about the parasol. The shaffing parasol that he was pretty sure he'd already thrown away. Had Cillath retrieved it? Glaring ferociously at his dragon, he tossed his hair in annoyance, and transferred that gaze to the bluerider. "I think it would suit you better," he said, and tried to fob the sharding thing off on his wingmate. Ugh. Why? Why had S'tehl had to come by at this exact second? It truly was unfair.

Of course I am, Cillath said smoothly, crooning to the other. His eyes whirled with happy blues and greens... and perhaps a hint of purple pleasure at the compliment. You're not looking too shabby yourself. In fact, Sanrienth was looking very handsome indeed. One of Western's many fine blues.

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:09 pm

S'tehl gave a small laugh, and took the parasol with ease. "It does go nice with my hair, don't you think?" He set the parasol against his shoulder, and even did a little twirl to prove his point. But his grin was feral, and his eyes full of mirth-- he would never actually go around with one by choice, but he could at least save A'kios a little torment. "What do you think? Is it a match?"

Might as well get A'kios' opinion now that he had it open. Honestly, though, despite its delicateness... it did help keep the worst of the sun off ones shoulders.

Sanrienth was still anxious to get down to the beach to play and enjoy the sun and sand. But having the good company of a brown had its own appeal. The dragon gave a happy tail flick, even as he craned his neck just so at the returned compliment. Of course, there's nothing shabby about me, thank you. I'm glad your eyes don't deceive you. He did peek curiously at his and his new item, before shifting a bit impatiently foot-to-foot. We were just on way to spend a day at the beach. Would you and Yours like to join us? I can promise you both a good time. Like rider, like dragon, they both knew how to have a good time and made excellent--if not perhaps flirty--hosts. Surely, S'tehl packed enough for his picnic to share and even if not, it wasn't as if they were going terribly far from the Weyr.

Mr Cheri

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:56 am

Hands on his hips, A'kios gave S'tehl a long once over. "Better on you than on me," he stated, and then gave a flippant wave of his hand. "But I guess Cillath is right about sunburning. Maybe I should've worn a hat." Living at Western had tanned him up some, but he was still paler than most natives, by far. Although he didn't admit it, S'tehl actually looked kind of cute with the parasol. Sneaking a second and then a third look, A'kios closed the distance between them so that he could stand under the parasol's shade, too.

That was obviously the reason. What else would he be about? If he was tempted to slip a hand into S'tehl's, it couldn't be helped. He did not, though. Not yet.

Ooooh, a day at the beach? I would love to go, whatever A'kios thinks. Did you bring a fur with you? he inquired, looking over the blue dragon with consideration. Why, he would certainly enjoy the opportunity to cuddle up to a handsome blue! Faranth knew the brown had a predilection for the type. My eyes never deceive me, I'll have you know. If he was flirting, so be it. He was in good company and enjoying himself! Craning his neck, he peered at his rider and that of Sanrienth's. My A'kios, Sanrienth has so kindly invited us along for a day at the beach. Surely we may go? he inquired hopefully.

A'kios, who couldn't say no to his dragon even when it meant losing every shred of his own dignity, grumbled. "Fine. We can go." Even though S'tehl was laughing at him under his breath.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:34 pm
S'tehl brooked no objection when A'kios came to stand under the parasol. It made for cozy company--and S'tehl had no problems with his personal space being encroached upon. "Well, we'll just have to share, unless you'd prefer it back?" He mused, giving the little parasol a little twirl in his fingers. "I promise we can find a cozy spot beneath some of the trees, or I can always ask Sanrienth to offer a wing once he's ready to sun himself. Certainly, there are ways to keep you comfortable." He assured breezily. "Besides--we'll have a good time, won't we Sanrienth?"

The blue dragon gave a happy rumble, eyes whirling a bright blue-green--though if a flick of purple swirled through, it couldn't be helped. Looking up at the handsome brown next to him, he gave a small flick of his tail. No fur, but there are blankets for Ours and the sandy wallows should be more comfortable than soggy animal hide. I know where the softest sand on the beach is. He couldn't give the brown what he wanted, but he would at least try to make him comfortable.

Nevermind that he himself would spend most of his time in the water.

"Shall we then?" S'tehl asked. "What a merry party we will be." Offering A'kios his arm, he waited for the other to take it (or reject it), before guiding them towards the beach.
Mr Cheri

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:33 pm

To say that Cillath was thrilled to know that he would not be treated to soft furs could not be further from the truth. However, he accepted that perhaps the furs might grow a bit damp and musty this close to the ocean. With a disappointed huff, he nevertheless made his way toward the beach. If we must have only sand, then I suppose we must. He didn't have to like it, after all. Just had to accept it. Even though that very thing seemed quite improbable at the moment.

As far as A'kios was concerned, however, S'tehl was a little too worried about personal space. Namely, Kio's. "I'm not going to evaporate if you're in my space," the spicy brownrider replied, glaring up at his companion. Admittedly, the glare wasn't particularly venomous. Kio did like the man, after all. Looping his arm through the bluerider's own. If he happened to lean slightly against him as they made their trip down to the beach, it was surely so that he could remain under the parasol. "Fine. Then let's go." Merry indeed.

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:54 pm
Mr Cheri

Sanrienth gave a happy rumble when Cillath seemed to accept his lot; it meant that he would still accompany him to the beach. Even if the brown didn't wish to play, it would be nice to better get to know him. Sanrienth was the sort of blue who appreciated company of all colors--but was ever so eager when they were as handsome as Cillath! I promise it will be a fine time. Might you come down to the water to play? He asked, even as the group finally began to move. He knew all sorts of games, and it might distract the brown from focusing on everything he lacked.

S'tehl gave a small laugh at the others response. "Very well then," he mused, letting the spice roll off his back with little worry or concern. While he'd never shared a parasol before, the fine fabric did at least cut some of the sun's most direct heat.

It didn't take long to make it down to the beach. Where some riders and dragons had already found places to settle, Sanrienth was particularly eager to head just a bit farther down the coast. While his blue was tempted to go right into the water, S'tehl was in no rush--especially when someone as cute as A'kios was on his arm. Nevermind the bucket of oil, paddles, brushes, knapsack, and the rest of the gear he carried. "Any preference on where to set up? Closer to the water? Farther back? Closer to the crowd? Somewhere a little more private?"

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas