[PRP] I Need a Hero [Njeri & Specterdust]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bugghnrahk

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.If there was one place above all others Njeri loved to explore, it was the ruins! So many fascinating things to be discovered, if only one was brave enough to trek into the depth's of the alien's abandoned homes. Njeri agreed the others were terrible, of course, they'd utterly ruined Vykeli and the vast wastelands surrounding Homewood were a sad testament to the legacy they left behind, but that didn't mean everything about them was cruel. Noulicorns learned to decipher their books and learn their languages and there was technology here that could help Homewood.

Njeri didn't want to leave any stone untouched.

Which is how Njeri and Oreme found themselves in an upper level unit, leveraging open creaking metal doors to dig through the dusty remnants of its previous occupants. They'd found what appeared to be personal quarters, with photos and knick-knacks lining shelves caked in grime. Two thin beds were propped in the corner and Njeri fastened their attention their, dragging a blanket off the old mattress and tossing it over their back. It was patchy and moth eaten, crusted hard from age, but with a wash and some help from clever fingered rats or scuttles it might be luxurious once more.

"What do you think?" Njeri turned to Oreme, flourishing the blanket like a cape.

Oreme huffed at them and shook their head. "You'll get fleas."

"I'll have you know I am entirely immune to fleas, my dear." Njeri shook the blanket off and nudged it toward the exit. "Have you found anything?"

"Not yet," she replied from her perch atop a cabinet. "Nothing of use to Homewood."

"Anything pretty?"

Njeri could hear Oreme's eyes roll. She hopped off the cabinet toward the door connected this room to its brother. It was stuck open a few inches, hardly enough room for Njeri to get through, and a tight fit even for a jack hop as slight as Oreme. She eyed the crack, her large ears flicking back and forth, then finally turned to Njeri. "Can you get this open?"

"I can certainly try." Njeri was far from the most athletic noulicorn, taking things as their own pace and luxuriating in Homewood's finest comforts whenever possible, but surely a door couldn't be that much of a challenge? Njeri wedged their hoof in the crack and pushed. The door refused to budge. "Well now."

"I'll get a lever," said Oreme, already hopping off in search of something useful. She came back a moment later with a thin metal bar clenched between her teeth and offered it up to Njeri. Njeri took it, positioning it in the crack with her help, and pushed all their weight against it. The door screeched as it slid open centimetre by centimetre and Njeri's underworked muscles yelped along with it.

"Hold it there!" Oreme exclaimed, ducking under Njeri's legs to squeeze at the gap. She shoved with her powerful hindlegs and popped through with a triumphant, "Ah ha!"

Just in time for the doors to swing back against Njeri's effort, snapping shut and clamping the metal bar to pulp. Njeri jumped back in surprise. "Oreme?"

"I'm okay!" she called, muffled on the other side of the metal. "Can you get it open again?"

The sliver of opening that had once been there was utterly demolished, as was the rod. "Is there another way out?"

Silence descended between them. "I don't see anything."

Worry fluttered in Njeri's chest. "I'm going to get help! Don't panic!"

Oreme said something too quiet for Njeri to hear. With no desire to waste time, Njeri turned on heel and raced out the door, down the rickety set of rusted metal steps, landing with a clumsy oof to the dirt.

"Help!" they shouted. "I need someone's help!" Njeri didn't want to chance running back to Homewood and forgetting where Oreme was trapped. Hopefully someone was out in the ruins today.

heavenly snow

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:22 pm
User Image
While she loved to explore new places, of all the places she most enjoyed was the ruins, it held the most potential for interesting finds and thrilling views. Nature here rolled over what was once a busy hub of Other activity and housing. In haste, much had been left behind and that meant much to find and explore. As Specterdust and Kevin explored a bit each visit, they came to find that there was a lot of creatures living among the ruins. It didn’t appear as lively as Homewood, but underneath the surface many struck out a living here.

Many of her best memories was from this place. Her first adventure was here were she met Oleander, Ysalone, Dryxel and Mielikki. They all went on a scavenger hunt. Mielikki became a friend despite the doe’s aloofness. It was here that her and Kevin battled with a vicious cat beast, winning them a fighter’s claw stone. It is here, where her and Kevin sealed their bond. Specter smiled brightly as she trotted along. The sun shone down upon them as they stepped more out into the open, what was once a road Others traveled on. The light glinted off the sparkly green swirls about her head.

It was Kevin who first heard the cries for help as Specter was so deep in her own thoughts. He was perched upon her backside, standing up to see and pivot his head. He then pecked at the back of Specter’s head as he noticed she didn’t react to the cries for help. “Hey, someone cry for help,” he said.

Specter shook her head and swung her ears forward. Her steps slowed to a pause as she looked around to see if she could hear the source of the cry for help. Something pink was moving just in the shadows of the building. The sun in her face wasn’t helping, so Specterdust turned and trotted over towards the building and pink creature in question. As they got closer and ducked into the shadows, Specter’s eyes adjust to find herself looking at a pink noul looking rather frantic.

“Hey!” she called back, “What’s the problem?”

Even though Specterdust was tiny and generally mistaken for a foal, she’d proven to herself that her size wasn’t an obstacle and tended to be useful. Even when it came to dealing with large predators. But based on how this noul was reacting, she didn’t think a predator was involved. Kevin hopped down and they walked side by side up to the noul.

WC: 422

Bugghnrahk

Heavenly Snow

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Bugghnrahk

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A voice cut through Njeri's panic and they swung toward it, squinting through the shadows until they spotted... a... a foal? What was a foal doing out here all alone? Their heart hammered with worry, now for Oreme and this young one both. Njeri rushed toward them and came to a halting stop, eyes wide. Oh! This wasn't a foal at all! Despite her diminutive size, the little grey doe appeared to be an adult, and one graced with the sparkling mark of an adept at that. Njeri ducked their head politely, hopefully whisking away the initial shock that marred their face.

There was no time for proper decorum, though.

"My familiar," Njeri looked back at the habitation units, ears pressed against their head and mouth tight with worry. "She's trapped in a room. The door slammed shut behind her when she entered and we can't find a way to get her out. I simply don't know what to do."

Njeri's eyes flicked from the doe to the cockatrice and back again. "Please? Could you help us?"

heavenly snow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:15 pm
User Image
Even though Specterdust was tiny and generally mistaken for a foal, she’d proven to herself that her size wasn’t an obstacle and tended to be useful. Even when it came to dealing with large predators. But based on how this noul was reacting, she didn’t think a predator was involved. Kevin hopped down and they walked side by side up to the noul.

Her large grey ears swung forward as she looked up at the pink noul. It didn’t evade her awareness that the noul had hesitated at first. Most did that when Specterdust came up to them, it couldn’t be helped. However, with her adept marking, it at least cut past some of the verbal inquiring and reassuring her age. This was good because this noul didn’t have the time to waste to chat about how old Specter actual was. It was clearly obvious and thus could possibly help after all.

“Of course! Please lead us to where your familiar is!” Specter bobbed her head, ready to follow.

WC: 169 / 528

Bugghnrahk

Heavenly Snow

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Bugghnrahk

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:13 pm

"Oh, thank-you!" Relief flooded Njeri's voice. They were lucky to run into anyone out here, and although they had their doubts about the physical strength of this tiny noul, she must be magically capable, what with her adept marking. Hopefully between the three of them - two nouls and a cockatrice - they could find some way to rescue Oreme.

"She's not far!" Njeri swung around and took off, their hooves pounding the concrete and steel as they began to clamber up the steps. Their heart was a jackrabbit beating at their ribs. They'd never been so worried for Oreme before and it took everything to try and keep calm. Deep breathes. They'd gotten help. Oreme was only trapped, she wasn't in any real danger as long as they could find a way to pry the door open again. Everything would be fine. Since they bonded, Njeri had rarely been apart from Oreme. The distance made their bones ache.

Njeri reached the room they'd been exploring and scraped a hoof against the stuck door. "Oreme?"

"I'm here!"

Relief flooded Njeri's veins. "I brought help, hold one just a moment longer, my dear!"

heavenly snow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:01 pm
User Image
Specterdust, with Kevin on her heels, raced after the pink noul. They clambered up stairs, through a building and to a door. Specter watched the noul call to their familiar through the door and the relief cross their face when a voice answered. Specterdust turned her attention to the door and she examined it. It seemed pretty secured but there was a gap at the bottom. She kneeled down and eyed the gap closer, seeing if it was of any use.

Rising back to her dainty hooves she looked over at Kevin and the pink noul, “I think if we find some thing long and can fit under the door, we might be able to free it from the frame. Look around and see if we can find something like that here.”

Kevin spun around and started exploring the room looking for what Specter described.

“It can’t be very thick,” Specterdust added as she too, looked around.
User Image
They pawed through the rumble in the room, moving things that just wouldn’t fit. Kevin spotted something and grabbed it and started pulling it from the rubble. “How dis,” he said around it.

Specterdust took it from Kevin and start to see if the end would fit under the door. Sure enough, it slid under but Specterdust wondered if it would be strong enough. It would take all of them pushing down on it to see if the door will lift up and off it’s hinges.

“Ok, let’s do this together!” Specterdust said, getting ready to push on the tool. Kevin hopped over, ready to help.

WC: 263 / 791

Bugghnrahk

Heavenly Snow

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Bugghnrahk

Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:17 pm

Njeri fretted and hovered over the strangers, their tail flicking back and forth with anxious energy. Oreme scrambled against the door, just within earshot, and Njeri ached to let her free. They stepped out of the way as the little cockatrice - Kevin, they recalled - rushed about looking for a useful object. Delight and relief sparkled through Njeri as a proper tool was found and jammed under the door.

"All of us?" Njeri stepped toward the tool. The doe was rather small, but oh, how mighty! Never-the-less, Njeri was prepared to help! They took a spot near the end of the tool and readied themself for Specterdusts's signal.

"We're almost there, Oreme! Just a moment longer, my darling!"

heavenly snow

[RP] Ruins of Erli

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces