R* [PRP] A Place For Everything

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ellanoire

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Recently life had been a whirlwind for Myahna. Her parents had told her she was finally grown up enough to visit Grandfather Tree, and it was time for her to step into Homewood's society on her own. Time for her to determine her role and place in the general structure of things. Strangely, these two things seemed to be entirely linked in Myahna's case. Grandfather Tree had shown her a vision of her future self. And it had felt so very right. She'd lived above a salon cafe that was her very own, and she'd made it into a gathering place of the who's who of Homewood. A place for the powerful and connected to unwind, to plan, to revel. Her parents had always encouraged her to find a role where she could exert influence. After all, that was what a smart, well bred doe like Myahna could contribute to Vykeli. It was her role to ensure that good ideas were pushed forward, and less favourable ideas tamped down. But one had to find a way to insert themselves in important goings on to have their voice matter.

She'd pondered for so long how she'd find a way in. But there is was. Grandfather Tree had shown her! And now she stood in what she was sure was the grove she'd seen in her visions. Nothing was here, but the trees seemed the same. Younger, certainly, but the fall and feel of the light was just right. The was where her home, and her salon would be. Indira grinned broadly, surveying her new home. She felt like singing, like telling all the world that she'd found her place, and it was right here. She settled for just telling the grove itself.

"This grove is now the Dulcet Salon!" Her voice tinkled among the leaves above her. "It might take me a while to build it, but this is where it shall be! This will be my life's work!" She shook her mane, feeling utterly joyful. She even gave a quick buck, clicking her hooves. On this day, nothing could bring her down.

wc: 352

Bugghnrahk

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Njeri smothered a yawn against their withers and rose to tired feet. They'd spent the night in a clearing near the center of Homewood, charting star patterns with Oreme's neat hand. Now that morning had struck, exhaustion seeped deep into their bones and they dragged their feet in an entirely unmannerly way as they trudged back to their own grove for a day of sleeping in. Oreme hopped quietly behind their steps, ears perked and lively as if she hadn't also been staring skyward all night.

"Your energy astounds me," Njeri murmured.

"Somebody has to make sure you stumble in the right direction," came Oreme's quick retort.

Njeri was too tired to muster a laugh.

Another voice tinkled through the trees. Njeri's ears perked and flickered in its direction. Two words stood out and made Njeri's heart thunder with joy. Dulcet. Salon.

"Oh, goodness." Njeri paused, lifting their head and squinting through sleepy heavy eyes and a thick treeline for who might have voiced an absolutely lovely concept. A dash of pink sprinkled through the myriad of greens, blush pale as a blossom. Njeri could have mistaken it for a flower if it hadn't been moving.

"You should get to your nest," said Oreme.

"Did you hear her?" Njeri flicked their tail and trotted forward with newfound energy. "A salon, Oreme. I simply can't."

Oreme sighed like a hurricane behind them, but they heard the tell-tale thump of her feet as she followed at their heels.

"Excuse me?" Njeri called as they neared. "Were this one's ears deceptive or did someone mention a salon in the area?"

ellanoire

Bugghnrahk

Vice Captain

Ellanoire

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:12 am

Another voice entered the grove. Myahna spun around, looking for its source. A very pink Noul and a jackhop appeared among the trees. Oh, she knew who this was. Not on a personal level, but this was not just some Noul wandering through the woods. This was a child of council members. And the exact sort of patron Myahna wanted. Her heart thrilled. She put on her best, most sweet expression, and counselled herself not to screw this up.

"Good morning!" Her voice was light and sweet. "You did hear correctly. This grove will be the Dulcet Salon. One day." Myahna smiled, looking around her very recently claimed home. "And I will be its mistress, Myahna." She nodded her head respectfully to the other Noulicorn, then smiled conspiratorially.

"I don't know about you, but all my life I've wanted a place I could go to enjoy the best our artists have to offer, the best our fermenters and gardeners have to offer... And a place where you can have a lovely conversation in luxury. Grandfather Tree gave me a vision of what this place could be, and I intend to make it live up to that vision." Myahna left out how this aligned with her own ambitions, but she was quite sure it would be relatively obvious to any Noulicorn who moved among the upper crust here in Homewood.

A soft smile settled on her face. "And the play of light here is just perfect, don't you think?"

Bugghnrahk

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 10:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Njeri hung off every word, buzzing with the images swirling in their mind. A feast of sweets and fermented fruits, luxury beyond imagination, talented fingers sorting through their mass of pink curls as others shined their hooves and brushed their coat until it gleamed like fresh spring dew. Faeries braiding blossoms in their hair while other noulicorns joined them in local gossip. A prestigious place, and now that the thought was there, Njeri yearned for it.

"Grandfather tree blessed you indeed, noulja!" Njeri danced closer, examining the grove of trees. They could almost see it, the trees groomed into proper order to create natural architecture within the forest, plants pruned to brilliant shapes and hues. They could hear the phantom chatter in the air.

"You've got a lot of work to do," Oreme piped up from Njeri's hooves. She hopped out into view, rising up on her haunches and lifting her twitching nose to the air. She'd always been shrewd and forthright, but Njeri found themselves flushing hot with embarrassment.

"I'm certain she's got it well in hoof, Oreme." Njeri offered the pale doe a placating smile. "The light is absolutely ideal, it's a lovely location. You simply must keep in touch, this one would be happy to offer patronage. My name is Wanjeri, of electus Ljubica and prior electus Ariad."

They could feel Oreme rolling her eyes at them. Njeri hadn't offered such a formal introduction in ages, but this Dulcet Salon was more tempting than a platter of sugared fruit tarts and they wanted to be certain this doe understood what Njeri's patronage meant for them.

Unfortunate that Njeri themself wasn't yet ascended... or adept. The statement might hold more clout if their coat was graced with a flourish of vivify red.

ellanoire

Bugghnrahk

Vice Captain

Ellanoire

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 3:00 pm

Myahna took in Njeri's changing expressions with pride. If her idea resonated so with one as well placed as them, surely Grandfather Tree's vision for her had been true! Myahna felt like she was floating!

Her floaty feelings were somewhat interrupted by Oreme. Not wanting to dissuade Oreme's bonded, she parried back with a quick answer. "It truly will be a lot of work! I am fortunate that my parents have many contacts that will be able to help me. But of course, all good things take time to mature."

Her eyes went wide at Njeri's offer. She felt a blush creeping up her muzzle. "I will be sure to send you word of our very first opening day. And reserve you a prime place, where the light will dance just right, and where you can hear all the good chatter." Myahna let out a twittering laugh. She'd practically been brought up on listening to gossip, and knew its value to Noulicorns of a certain station.

Idea after idea ran through Myahna's mind. She really did have a lot of work ahead of her. She'd need Nouls who'd help her shape that place, but that was probably the easy part ... She's need a pack of familiars interested in offerings services as well, which might prove more tricky. But she'd figure it out. Grandfather Tree had shown her this path, and she was going to stick firmly to it.

Bugghnrahk

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:45 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Myanha's words were a dizzying cascade of possibilities, and Njeri felt swept up in the dream. They could hear the bubble of chatter and smell the sweet fruits and sugared flowers as if they were already melting on one's tongue. Only Oreme's steady down-to-earth nature kept Njeri half-way grounded to reality. The jackhop wound between their feet and thumped a foot in the dirt to snap Njeri from their dreams.

"This won't be finished for quite a while," she said.

"Good things take time, my dear," Njeri nuzzled the jackhop and turned their attention back to Myanha. "And it seems you have things well in hand, noulja, but I'll be certain to pass around word of potential work, if you need some extra hands?"

Njeri simply didn't have the time to partake in a building project, and Oreme was required to stay at Njeri's side as often as possible, but they knew of a few noulicorns with restless feet, and plenty familiars were eager to help in exchange for sweet treats. Perhaps those new faeries flitting about Homewood would prove useful. And there were always those of the lower classes hoping to uplift themselves by aiding others. Homewood was filled with helping hands. Good neighbors were never in short supply.

Njeri chewed on another possibility, a much more dangerous one.

"I'm certain the dire rats joining Homewood would be eager to make a good impression as well."

That was dangerous territory and might lose Njeri their place in this new salon. A horrible risk, but one Njeri felt compelled to make. They found these friendly, intelligent rats vastly interesting. Creatures brought here by the others and yet touched by Vyekli's magic to grant them the gift of communication. Njeri hoped their tiny species would do well here, but many weren't quite so open to the idea as Njeri.

They watched Myanha intently for her reaction.

ellanoire

Bugghnrahk

Vice Captain

Ellanoire

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:45 pm

Myahna gave Oreme her most pleasant smile. "And don't they say good things are worth waiting for?" She winked. It certainly wasn't a lie, she had much work in front of her. It would take the help of many for her vision to become a reality.

"Extra hands, paws and hooves would be much appreciated. The more help, the sooner the Dulcet will be ready to enjoy." Myahna was beginning a list in her mind of all the help she'd need. It was sure to grow only longer for some time yet, but this was what Grandfather Tree had shown her, and she fully believed in it.

Njeri's next response caught Myahna somewhat off guard. A surprised expression flitted across her face, but her smile quickly covered it. "I have heard that there are dire rats among us now, but I will profess I haven't spoken with any yet ... Have you?" News like that spread like wildfire. Even within Myahna's own family, views on the subject were divided. It was interesting that this child of council members seemed so willing to accept them.

"I'm sure their deft hands could provide many services, but are dire rats truly willing to live at peace among us? Work with us?" It seemed a huge shift to Myahna. Every Noul knew if you left Homewood you needed to keep an eye out for dire rats. They could pose a serious danger, especially in groups. But then, she'd also heard rumours that some of these rats had gifts, and surely Grandfather Tree wouldn't grant a gift to a creature that wanted to destroy those who healed Vykeli. ... That was supposing their gifts came from Grandfather Tree.

Bugghnrahk

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:05 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I haven't had the opportunity to run into one personally, no," Njeri answered, ducking their head a little. They wanted to. Oh, the stories those rats must have! They must be able to crawl into all the secret places of the ruins and the barrens. Njeri wanted to learn everything they could, but their numbers in Homewood were still few and Njeri didn't want to intimidate any by tracking them down. The closest they'd gotten was watching a group of musically inclined rats perform on the most delicate, amazing instruments they'd ever seen.

"Perhaps it's a complicated question."

Oreme snorted.

Njeri balked at her, looking affronted. "It is. Dire rats have been our enemies for generations, it seems a strange thing that Grandfather Tree would honor them now, but I shouldn't like to question Grandfather's choices. I believe the ones who have come here, who have tried to join us, have good intentions. But I still believe we should keep our wits about us in the barrens, especially where our foals are concerned."

After all, a swarm of particularly hungry dire rats could easily overtake a foal. Njeri had heard the most terrible stories.

"I'm certain they'd be most excellent craftspersons, though," Njeri concluded with a firm nod. "Why, if I were setting up a parlor, I'd be sure to hire a few."

If Njeri could find them.

Oreme cleared her throat, clearly displeased with Njeri's answer. She wished Njeri would have more caution. "Shouldn't we be off to your grove, Njeri? You've been up since the moon rose and you've got more work to do tonight."

Njeri offered Myanha a serene smile. "Perhaps we should be off! But I wish you the absolute best for your salon. Please do send word when you're ready for customers. I'm ever so excited!"

ellanoire

Bugghnrahk

Vice Captain

Ellanoire

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 12:16 pm

Myahna listening, thoughtfully. "I certainly would mind talking to one. Especially about their gifts. Very interesting, really." Perhaps employing such a creature would be a draw to the salon. But she'd have to have a long talk with one of them first. She couldn't do with any major mishaps. Something like that could permanently tarnish her reputation.

"It was a pleasure! I hope to see you both again soon!" Saying her farewell to the pair, Myahna turned back to looking at her grove, starting to refine her vision. It was time to get to work.

Bugghnrahk
Posting for redemption!

ll Grandfather Tree ll generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 27!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:09 pm
ELLANOIRE

rolling for exploration

ll Grandfather Tree ll
Vice Captain

ll Grandfather Tree ll generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 87!

ll Grandfather Tree ll
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:11 pm
BUGGHNRHK

you found a hair tuft!

[RP] Homewood

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff