Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Plotting
MoM Upcoming Events ~ Summer Festival '45 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:30 am
Heyo!

So I am planning an event for next summer and I am looking for any volunteers who may like to feature in it! It is a music festival fundraiser trying to raise money for magizoologists to continue learning and caring about creatures.

[Late Edit] The festival is going to last (maybe) a week in-game, and about two weeks in real life. There's going to be a Ticket Raffle with magical creature based prizes and I'm looking for volunteers to help.

I am looking for either:

● Musicians to play on stage during the festival.

● Magizoologists/Magical Creatures who would like to contribute their time and energy by donating an RPing experience to a lucky Raffle Winner. (E.g: magical creature encounter with your magizoologist or magical creature;; pet obedience training;; etc)

● Or Law Enforcement Officers / Mediwizards to patrol the grounds and keep everyone safe and in line.

Please post here if you would like to contribute with one of your characters or if you have any questions or suggestions for the festival.

Current List of Volunteers:

Musicians:
Manic Pixie Dream Girl Myth
Covert Generartion
Miles McClellan
Ariana Hawthorne-Wynters
S.I.S.T.E.R.S

Magizoologists:
Camila Rojas - aethonan flying lesson
Axel Roach - dragon reserve tour
Prudence Collins - hippogriff encounter
Gertrude Stanford - bowtruckle feeding
Saio Ukida - unicorn interaction with portrait/sketch drawing by Kazuki Kimura

Magical Creatures:
Eiru, the Centaur
Euthalia, the Centaur

Authorized Personnel:
Ambrose Bradbury, Mediwizard

If you were quoted below it is because I believe you have a character that is either a musician a magizoologist or magical creature that might be interested in participating.

murruelecreuset

oyehh

The Forgotten Weasley

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:59 am
Essy ze Ninja

I can volunteer Euthalia, my Centaur as one of the magical creatures.

I can also volunteer Theo to play music (he's not at all famous, but he does love Magizoologists)  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:06 am
Miss GryffindorK
Essy ze Ninja

I can volunteer Euthalia, my Centaur as one of the magical creatures.

I can also volunteer Theo to play music (he's not at all famous, but he does love Magizoologists)

Awesome, thank you!! I'll add em to the list and let you know more about it when it's a little closer to summer (and I have everything planned out, lol)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:41 pm
i feel as Emeric Delacroix is the head of magic games and sports he should be involved somehow  

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:47 pm
I can volunteer Pru, who specializes in hippogryffs.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:01 pm
Kungfudemoness

Well, that's an interesting point. But this is more of a musical and magical creature event, than it is a sporting event. But that Dept is pretty much the closest thing there is to something that would plan and organize something like this. And there are going to be a few games during the festival for people to participate in... Actually, a festival of this size would probably need help from several different departments!

Department of Magical Law Enforcement :: to enforce muggle protection charms and protect the area
Department of Magical Games and Sports:: to organize, plan, (and maybe line up musicians to play?)
Department for Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures :: they're sponsoring and helping bring in creatures for a few of the "games" being held
Department of Magical Transportation :: to help organize apparition areas and portkey sites

But, ordinarily, that aspect of the events is usually kept behind-the-scenes. However, if anyone is employed in one of the departments above are more than happy to talk about how they helped (or are currently helping) set up and plan the upcoming summer festival.

The Forgotten Weasley

Awesome, thanks Weezy! I'll let you know more about the event when it's closer to summer. I haven't decided if the volunteered interactions are going to take place at the festival itself, or afterwards at a different location and up to the participating roleplayers discretion. But it might be helpful for Pru to have a thread in the MoM Magizoologists thread for her to have the hippogriff interaction at later, just as an early heads up.  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:05 pm
Essy ze Ninja

minor side note: she's married and goes by Prudence Collins now.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:11 pm
The Forgotten Weasley

Oh! Lol, thanks! And by the way, what would you prefer to market the interaction as? Hippogriff Encounter? Or Ride A Hippogriff, maybe?  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:39 pm
I can volunteer Lizzy if you're willing to accept a relative newbie magizoologist, she's hoping to work with phoenixes o3o

As for background help from the DMLE, I can volunteer Rey!

Essy ze Ninja

I forgot to quote, sorry!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:45 pm
Essy ze Ninja
The Forgotten Weasley

Oh! Lol, thanks! And by the way, what would you prefer to market the interaction as? Hippogriff Encounter? Or Ride A Hippogriff, maybe?

She'd probably only let people age 13+ actually try to ride a hippogryff, so whatever you want to term it as is fine.  

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:05 pm
I know it's not one of the things you listed, but would it be useful to have a mediwizard around? Like, just in case? If you think it would be necessary or useful for safety and whatnot, I can offer Ambrose, but if you don't need him, that's cool too! I figured it couldn't hurt to volunteer him either way.

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:22 pm
I can volunteer Ariana Hawthorne as a musician.

Essy ze Ninja

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:48 am
Rawwry

Oh! That's a really good idea! Thank you! I'll add him to the list!

kiska166

Perfff, thanks! Oh, by the way, I couldn't find Ariana in any of the official job listings as a musician. If she's a "professional", you may want to have her fill out an Entrepreneur application, (musicians have a specific area to post their offices, though, in the Wizarding Wireless Network thread) to try and kind've keep them together. If this more of a hobby and less of a career for her, than it doesn't really matter one way or the other.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:21 pm
Essy ze Ninja

If it's not too late I have the S.I.S.T.E.R.S. Band that would love to help promote their music so they have something going for them.

As for Magizoologists I have;

1. Saio Ukida who will be attending with Kazuki Kimura. She will be offering Unicorn interactions while Kazuki will be offering to do quick sketches/portraits of people standing with them/interacting with them. (Discussed on Chatzy).

2. Gertrude Stanford will be happy to have Bowtruckle feedings.  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:50 am
murruelecreuset
Essy ze Ninja

If it's not too late I have the S.I.S.T.E.R.S. Band that would love to help promote their music so they have something going for them.

As for Magizoologists I have;

1. Saio Ukida who will be attending with Kazuki Kimura. She will be offering Unicorn interactions while Kazuki will be offering to do quick sketches/portraits of people standing with them/interacting with them. (Discussed on Chatzy).

2. Gertrude Stanford will be happy to have Bowtruckle feedings.

Awesome! I've got them added to the list! And in preparation of the event, I recommend you getting Gertrude and Saio's Magizoologist threads posted as these interactions will not be taking place during the festival, but one-on-one with the winners of the raffle after the festival is over. And the best place to roleplay the magical creature interactions would be in their workplace threads.  
Plotting

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff