Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
Mage Against the Machine ((Hime X Heart))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Split Heart

Gallant Paladin

4,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The year is 2028 and it seems things just keep getting worse. Forty years ago the mages that assisted in the development of technology for the past century vanished. Highly coveted "Mage-tech," magically enhanced technology that fed off ambient mana in the area, was hoarded by the nations. Of course with the hoarding and distrust came wars which left most of the world a magically radioactive wasteland. The last useable lands are locked away in Nests, enormous flying biospheres supporting hundreds of thousands. Unfortunately the magical runes and enchantments on the engines of these flying havens are quickly decaying. In the past month two more Nests have crashed and without repair many more will until the last of humanity is finally wiped out.

Aboard the Venitia Gallant, Ty is an engineer. A highly respected job, he works in tandem with the hundred or so other engineers to maintain the Nest as best as the mundane humans can. Day after day he watches the Gallant slowly decay over the strain her population puts her. That is until one late working shift he notices a fluctuation in the mana of the engine output. In a desperate struggle to prevent the engine from overcharging and exploding, he releases the emergency power coupling system and is knocked out cold...

Spoon waking up Ty noticed 3 things: 1. He wasnt dead. Small victories right? 2. The engine seemed to be working fine again. Ok, larger victories. 3. There was someone laying on the floor across from him and were they... covered in mage robes?! Thinking quickly, Ty brought the person back to his small home hoping that they were ok.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:59 pm

Name: Tyler "Ty" Barnishbach
Warning!: Known tampering of Nest equipment. Stated for unapproved research. Verdict:Guilty Punishment:Reduced rations for seven months.
Subject shows great empathy for others as singular entities but disapproves of collective embetterment at cost of individuals. Has repeatedly displayed advanced knowledge in engineering, physics and chemistry. Open dissatisfaction with council decisions.
Assessment: Dangerous thought process yet extreme ability with technology invaluable. Ensure low level engineer position only.

The Split Heart

Gallant Paladin

4,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:07 am
User Image
Job: Shaman Mage
Ability: User of the natural arts. She uses nature's power to fuel her own, experienced in the art of healing and magic like air, nature, and earth. She uses her dance to connect with the natural world and feels its change.
Current situation: Supposed to be in the forest, but found herself transported to an unfamiliar situation by mysterious means, along with greatly reduced health. Currently could not remember what had happened before that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:30 pm
For the first time in twenty hours, Ty sat down. The hours that came with his job did not allow much time for personal freedom so his tiny one room living quarters deep in the engineering section was fairly spartan save for a cluttered work bench, personal belongings wardrobe and a few dozen half finish contraptions. Even the beige unpainted walls only held his certificate for working on Mage-tech and an old photo of his parents from years ago right after the war. A film of soot and dust covered everything except for what was already rubbed with oil including Ty himself. Well almost everything. The young girl laying in his berth looked as though she had come from a different time all together. The furs she wore and the seemingly unnatural cleanliness was in stark contrast to his own weathered jumpsuit.

Rubbing his temples he tried to piece together how she even made it into the engine room at all. The door was biometric with a voice recognition on top of a thirteen digit code that only engineers and Nest Council members knew. Even the armory didn't have that kind of security yet somehow she'd been there. After the energy expulsion from the engine he could tell she'd probably needed to see a doctor. Heck even he needed one as he looked at his wrapped and bloodied hand. "Damn spanner must've caught me and broke a few fingers. Tsk!" He winced as he repositioned it on the work bench. Unfortunately all the doctors in his section had already gone home and to bed. He'd have to get a pass to see one on the upper decks but the wait for those took weeks. "Guess we got no choice but to wait then..." he said shrugging and relaxing into his seat slowly drifting off.

Wind Hime Princess

The Split Heart

Gallant Paladin

4,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:56 pm
The Split Heart

(OOC: Your quote is not working as it's missing the "" around the name)
User Image
"The power of the forest flows in me."

It was highly concerning when everything in sight was unfamiliar. Adding to the confusion, Ceciliana had woken up in pain all over her body. Nothing was broken on hair, but she felt strangely weak. Nothing came to mind when she tried to recall what had happened before. The blankness in her mind was terrifying. Thankfully, the only thing she was missing was the short gap of the memory of her transportation here.

Because her body still ached, she laid still for a while, hoping it would feel a bit better. Curious eyes looked around, taking in the strange sight of the hard cold wall and odd things with flashing lights. It appeared to be manmade, as she could not feel its lifeforce when she closed her eyes. She then sat up, feeling a bit better. The bed sunk a little and the bounced up at her actions, and she raised a brow at the texture. The material here was completely different from the warm fur that she stacked up for a bed.

With the better position to look around, she now noticed that there was someone nearby, seemingly sleeping in his seat. The scent of blood rushed through her nose, making her brow knitted. She had been focusing on learning about her situation that she had not noticed the easily recognized smell. If he had been in the forest, he would have been in great danger. There did not seem to be any animals around, but that wound should be treated, just in case.

Looking around in her bag (thank god it was still there!), she pulled out a fresh green leaf. A hand held the leaf while the other placed on his bloody hair, barely touching. With a green light, the wound closed, but it did not heal completely. Her energy was low, so this was the best she could do. She stepped back from the man, her breath heavier after using her power.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:56 am
It was the same dream again. Ty watched as numbers flash before him slowly groing. He knew what the meant. A death count. one for every man woman and child lost thirty years ago in the flame of a war no one understood the repercussions of. Cries of people running from the death and destruction magic had wrought upon them. To him it seem impossible for anybody to be so negligent as to allow magic to fall into the hands of people so violent as the old world leaders. The burning pain of billions coursing through his body, his hand heating in the pain. No this wasn't his dream, the pain was real! He jumped in his seat as he awoke, clenching his hand and immediately regretting it. Looking up to see the young girl standing over him. "H-how did you...?" He brought his hand to his head and winced in pain.

Wind Hime Princess

The Split Heart

Gallant Paladin

4,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:26 am
The Split Heart

User Image

The calm expression on the man face twisted into a pained one in his sleep. He started to sweat, his body seemed to be shaking from the pain. She debated whether to wake him up, but due to experience, maybe it was a bad idea. There were many people in her tribe had an instinctive defense when someone woke them up the wrong way, and she had been on the brunt of it once. Thankfully, the man woke up before she did anything.

"Ah, you've woken up. How do you feel?" Despite how tired Ceciliana looked, she worried about the man first. He had clenched his hand where the wound was and it started bleeding again. Her brow knitted together at the sight. At the least, he had not put his wounded hand where his head was. "I...healed your hands a little. It's not much, but the wound should close quite a lot. That wound had cut deep." She then remembered about how someone would be uncomfortable if they knew a stranger did something to them when they were sleeping. "My apologies. I meant no harm." At the end of the sentence, she moved to cough.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:42 pm
Ty blinked twice and sighed. People weren't exactly his... forte, machines were. "M-my bad... I guess I should thank you for whatever you did. My hand hurts a lot less now and for that I'm pretty grateful. I'm Ty by the way." He reached over and picked himself up from his seat. He knew eventually he'd have to ask her a lot of obvious and important questions but there was no point for impoliteness. He wiped his good hand off on a towel and reached out to shake her hand.

Wind Hime Princess

The Split Heart

Gallant Paladin

4,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:04 am
The Split Heart

User Image

"My name is Ceciliana, it is a pleasure to meet you." She gave him a curt nod in greeting. There were multiple ways of greeting in her tribe, but the above type almost worked the best, especially with outsiders. Her eye lingered on his hand as he wiped the uninjured one and held it before him. It took a few seconds for her to understand what he wanted and slowly grasp his in a shake. This gesture, on the other hand, was usually not used as a greeting at all, at her place. Her people used it more after negotiations. His hand was rougher than her but less than the men from the tribe. Given its shape, he should be working with something more detailed. Perhaps like the strange metal things around her.

"I would like to ask a few questions, if that is alright." She let go of his hands after a few shakes.

~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games