PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:07 pm
[鉄]____H a l l o w e d____P a t h____[鉄]

______________A r e a ... D e s c r i p t i o n ||
____Description coming soon.

______________N e a r b y ... L o c a t i o n s ||
____Ikeinasu: Hallowed Path [Entrance]
____Kōritsuku Valley

______________D e f e n s e s // D a n g e r s ||
____The forest is inhabited by a variety of Fades and monsters.

______________R u l e s ||
____It takes a minimum of [3] paragraphs of straight travel to reach any edge of this area.
____Because dangers do lurk here, travelers must roll [1] time every [3] posts for a chance of a random encounter. Characters exploring this area may also roll [1] time at least every three posts for a randomly generated event.

______________N a t u r e ' s ... B o u n t y ||
tab Stone ::
tab tab • Granite Deposit - 300/300
tab tab • Marble Deposit - 250/250
tab tab • Thunderstone Deposit - 100/100

tab Metal ::
tab tab • Scrap Metal - 300/300
tab tab • Iron Deposit - 250/250
tab tab • Liquid Mercury Fountain - 150/150
tab tab • Psychic Mercury Fountain - 100/100

tab Wood ::
tab tab • Pine - 600/600
tab tab • Ironwood - 200/200

tab Herbs // Plants ::
tab tab • Tier 0 - 300/300
tab tab tab • Fireweed, dandelion, plantain, clover, chickweed, goldenrod, wild geranium, chiming bell, blueberry, raspberry, salmonberry, crowberry, mushrooms
tab tab • Tier 1 - 250/250
tab tab tab • Snowberry
tab tab • Tier 3 - 150/150
tab tab • Tier 5 - 50/50

tab Animals ::
tab tab tab • Deer, rabbits, squirrels, mountain goat
tab tab • Tier 3 - 150/150

tab Fishing - Stream ::
tab tab tab • Trout, walleye
tab tab • Tier 1 - 250/250
tab tab tab • Salmon
tab tab • Tier 4 - 100/100

tab Monster Sightings ::
tab tab • Strange Wolf

______________C l a i m i n g ||
____Reclaim the throne.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:39 am
User Image

㊌ ☾ ☾ ☾ Kira Yamata ☽ ☽ ☽ ㊌

Soft sounding footprints could be heard within the snow covered forest of the land of iron's Hallowed Path like a soft crunch when one broke a dried leaf in there palm. The noice came from a man in a dried scale mail armor with a oni ask covering his face and a regular foot soldiers helmet keeping his head protected from most things he would think would hurt or kill him. This may not have been the original beginnings of this man but this was the start of the man people would later know him as, Kira Yamata. As Kira tried his best to walk through the snow quietly he kept noticing tracks of deer, rabbit, squirrel, some form of large goat and a predator that seemed to be a large dog or standard wolf in Kira's eyes. he would then look around to check on all the plants he could recognize that were surviving the cold thus far and began to form a small plan.

Kira began to slowly pick the plants in question that seemed the most appealing to the smaller animals like the squirrels and rabbits. He then started on his best attempt of a trap by laying what he had gathered into a scattered pile, to mimic them having fallen off to not frighten the animals away just in case, and laid out some of fine twine he had in his satchel cutting it with his skinning knife and tied it in a noose to catch any animal caught in the trap by the feet or neck. Kira would set up three more traps like this using up to a meters worth of twine give or take a centimeter before moving on to the bigger game.

From the way He saw the goat and deer move they followed a path leading to a flowing stream that still ran even under the cold temperatures. Kira would start by masking the scent of his armor with dirt sap from the tree's and any plant matter rotting on the ground. Kira would then follow the tracks to the stream filling up his two of his waterskins to the brim for good measure sense he had forgotten to do so when he was in the last town. with tat done Kira retraced his steps to the mid way mark and dug a hole about three feet deep, he then spent the next three hours making wooden stakes to put into the hole making it into a pitfall. Kira would cover it with a light layer of dirt leafs and sticks thin enough to break when met with resistance. By the time all this preparation was done the was slowly beginning to set in and Kira looked to the skies to determine the color. it was the regular shades of pink blue and yellow, a superstition that all was well.

Kira headed 20 meters north to where all his traps were set up and began building a large fire using a tiresome wood drill technique which took thirty minutes to set up and accomplish. By then night had fallen, Kira was hungry, and the sounds of everything under the black sky seem to drown almost everything else but what laid into Kira's mind. Kira himself wouldn't go to sleep until a hour before dawn was approaching as he had rolled out the sleeping bag curled next to the fire he had kept alive all night and would sleep till midday that day.

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:25 pm
_______________A Sound Nearby...||

As you began to wake, bringing yourself back to the realm of the living, a sound caught your attention. Shouting, frantic, in some unknown language from a little ways to the south. Right around where you had laid your pitfall trap. It seemed something had fallen for it, but perhaps not quite what you intended. Should you approach you would find three small figures staring down into the pit, by the sounds of it, arguing amongst themselves. They had purplish black skin and wispy white hair atop their heads, standing maybe three-and-a-half feet tall at best. Each wore a tattered loincloth and a mask over their face, oni masks not unlike the one you had. In their hands each carried a rusty weapon: a spear, a sword, and a mace. They had yet to notice you.

Kirra Yamata

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:38 pm
User Image

Kira awoke his head hurting from the loud noise of thepit fall trap being triggered. However t was all wrong as most animals would die within a few minutes from being impaled by the spikes. something had managed to dodge them and rant about it, how troublesome. Not wanting to waste any time as the day would afford him Kira would manage to sneak over to the trap and scope out what was there. When he barely saw the tops of the three little.. gnomes? goblins? what where those things some form of minuscule tribesmen he wasn't aware of? Regardless they had set off his trap and now he needed to reset it which was goiing to be difficult if they stayed in there. Kira drew his blade, as a precaution, and walked over to the pit his head turned in a curious fashion looking over there features closer than before. He had no idea if they would understand him but Kira would speak anyway,

"You set off my trap... I would like you out. You're not a beast i can eat or sell its fur to a trader to. you're tribal by the look of it. So let me make it clear. I help you get out of this trap you sprung, i let you go be on your merry way to see your folks. I do have to warn you I am in no mood this morning for a fight so lets not push ourselves by trying to kill one another, okay?" Kira's red eyes beneath his sunken helmet glowed for a moment his sword ready for which ever answer the three... oni's as best as he could describe them to make up there mind.

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:13 pm
_______________A First Encounter...||

The creatures reacted to you alright, the one with the spear gesturing toward your blade as you drew it, the other two lifting there own weapons. They started chattering again, though something that sounded like the word 'human' was definitely included in that. Closer to the pit now, you could see that something had in fact fallen in, though strangely enough it appeared to just be... a set of samurai armor? The helmet of it was split clean in two from an impact with the spikes, but there was nothing inside of it.

The sword and mace bearing creatures moved in front of the one with the spear, waving the rusted weapons threateningly, though none made a move to attack.

Kirra Yamata

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:16 pm
User Image

Kira looked between the three creatures and then what looked like a set of yoroi and a split in half kabuto inside the pitfall he dug. He sighed knowing it was going to be hell to get armor like that out of the hole, still silver lining when he was done here he could sell it, probably. Kira then looked towards the three creatures and threw them a waterskin he had filled yesterday and said, "You, go away, take that. i'll be staying around this area a while. if you need tribute for your tribe, my camp is a little ways north i'll do my best to give you my share" Kira then sheathed his weapon half way holding the blade with his thumb on the blunt spine of the blade. He then over to the hole to begin digging out the armor from the pit. sense there was no blood on it he didnt feel the need to take the spikes out of it and bring it back to his camp and take part of the afternoon making new ones.

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:57 am

If the creatures understood anything you were saying, they showed no sign of it, as evident of the waterskin catching them off guard and hitting the one with the sword in the face. The oiled leather pouch fell uselessly to the ground, and the small creatures threw a fit about it. In response, the one carrying the lance, perhaps thinking they were being attacked, formed a single hand seal in front of it before thrusting its palm forward and releasing a small burst of fire toward you. Meanwhile, the other two seemed to... fade out of existence, turning to shadow before your eyes. These shadows launched in opposite directions, circling around you on either side.

Kirra Yamata

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:42 am
User Image

Okay, first he tries to placate these little imps by giving them water and now they pay him back by throwing a damn fireball at him!? He had enough. He was late in his day, the noice had probably scared off any game in the area by this point and he hadnt even bothered to check the snares yet. Kira drew out his sword once more fully this time his chakra getting agitated started to glow blue and black around where his eyes would be as he said to the little goblin men, "You sir... have made a grave error n wanting to fight me." Taking note that the other two had formed into the shadows Kira noticed he was being corned in a triangle around himself. Kira raised a brow under his helmet and figured out the best outcome as for right now his best guess was the two other little 'goblins' were in a shadow esque form and while shadows cant be hurt they themselves cannot harm either. Still Kira wasn't going to let himself be unguarded for what he was going to do next. Thanks to him being next to the pit and down where he could reach it he grabbed one of the longer wooden stak and began to charge at the 'goblin' with the rusted lance/spear. If it tried to gorge him like most spear men would as Kira would think Kira would use the wooden stake to deflect the attack to his left Kira's arm curled inward to his chest before swing from left to right across. Even if he where to miss Kira would than jump forward into the air and stabbed the nearest tree hard with the wood stake to get a higher vantage point on his thee little enemies, two if his attack was successful

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:37 pm
User Image
                                    Shea Fal'nevan
                                    I'll send out my soul to worlds more beautiful, but they won't... they won't know my heart.

[Location:] West of town.

I laid out a small sheet of leather atop the powdery snow to prevent my project from getting wet. I'd found a bit of an alcove in a rock formation, too, to hide from the bitter wind that I was unfortunately getting used to. Why I'd decided to set up out in the wilderness was beyond me, but I needed to learn more about the plants this world provided, especially because I wasn't human and had no idea how they would affect me to eat or interact with. Plus I wasn't going to be able to do that from the confines of the town. Besides, it reminded me too much of home, and I wasn't too fond of that.

I left my supplies laying in the small space and backed out into the open air, spinning on my heels quickly to make sure nothing would sneak up on me from behind, hand resting on the dagger at my side. I wasn't any way skilled in using it, but I knew a little bit in the way of how to defend myself now; it was basically a requirement in order to leave town. I didn't really mind though. It was useful knowledge. Nothing sprang at me, just the sounds of birds chirping in a tree somewhere nearby. I relaxed, letting go of the hilt, and moved in in search of some plants to study.

Thankfully I didn't have to go too far before I found some very basic plants I'd seen growing closer to the hub. The first was a tall, strikingly purple flower that I'd seen someone pick previously, though that didn't tell me much of anything regarding it. They were big enough that I only need a couple of them. I did my best to pull them from the roots up so that I would be able to study all of it, and tucked them away in the satchel at my side. [Yield: 2] [Foraging 1/1 Rank [6] Finished.]

A little ways from the flowers, I found a berry bush. These ones looked a lot like one of the berries that regularly came with meals, round in shape, except these were blackish instead of blue. I picked off a couple of branches that only held a few each, and dug up a bit of the root to cover all of the parts before moving on. Everything else nearby, however, was dead or didn't stand out, so I retreated to my alcove to examine them closer. [Yield: 6] [Foraging 1/1 Rank [7] Finished.]

I'd almost made it back when I had to backpedal. Alongside one side of the formation, something blue caught my attention peeking through the snow. More flowers! I didn't recognize these ones at all. They hung in bunches at the end of the stems. Shifting my bag out of the way, I hurried over to the small plant and carefully pulled a few of them up by the roots. Tucking them away, I finally made my way back into shelter, rubbing my gloved hands together to stave off the cold. [Yield: 4] [Foraging 1/1 Rank [8] Finished.]

I decided to start with the blue flowers, since they were the plant I knew the least about of the bunch. I'd purposely not eaten basically all day before to prepare for this, but despite preparations I was nervous. If by chance any of these were poisonous, I was putting myself in danger. Laying out the plants I'd collected, I gently separated them into parts: flowers, leaves, stem, and root. Picking up one part at a time, I sniffed at each. Earthy, and fairly smooth, the plant didn't smell bad so that was a good start. So the next step was touch. If it didn't start to burn or break into a rash, it wasn't dangerous to touch. Starting with the leaf, I placed one in the crook of my arm, clenching my lower arm to the upper, and waited.

In the meanwhile, I pulled my journal open and jotted down everything found thus far, including quick sketched of the plants that were okay at best. I was no artist, but if I put effort into it, I could do a decent job. And since I had nothing but time to kill, I could spend the time needed to make my reference look good.

It occurred to me as I wrote that I apparently instinctively wrote in my native language. I'd been gifted with the ability to speak to the humans in this world when I woke, but it wasn't like it replaced the language I was familiar with.

As I finished an update of each part, I switched it out for another, spending a few minutes on each in turn. There was a bit of a reaction with each one, my skin starting to irritate after exposure, so I decided to scrap this first plant as a potential use for anything safe. Which was fine, because it was pretty and I didn't want there to be a chance I'd have to grow it for nutritional use. From what I'd learned of this world's equivalent to the Beastlings' abilities, chakra wasn't all that was spent in growing plants; it took time away as well. As in every time I grew something, days were cut off the end of my life. A shudder passed through me at the thought, though I played it off as the cold. The moral of the story was that I would have to be careful. I could still grow plants without them costing my life, but they would have no nutritional or medicinal properties. [Herbology - Identification 1/1 Rank 11 Finished.] [Bluebells studied.]

.CHAKRA : 255 / 255 .STAMINA : 160 / 160 .STATUS : None
                                    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                    .EXP : 3910 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .MOOD : Content
                                    It's the darkest part.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:14 pm

Rather than attacking, as you expected, the lancer retreated, stepping quickly to the side to avoid your swing, and held up his weapon in case he didn't move quite far enough away to avoid it. After all it was a bit hard to judge the reach of someone almost twice your size! The tip of your sword clinked against the head of the spear, but did no more than that before you retreated yourself to the tree.

One of the shadows reformed into the swordsman, but the other had evidently vanished while your back was turned. Looking down on the scene, it was a little hard for a black smudge on the ground to hide against the stark white snow that littered the forest. The remaining two, though, simply stared up at you, raging about as they looked for a way to get to you. The lancer had apparently forgotten its fireball trick from a moment before.

-----

[I know you're new to our combat system, so let me clarify a bit of how it works. Each character has [3] 'activations' they can use per post. Activations include dodging, blocking, attacking, using jutsu, or anything of that sort. Basically, anything that expends either chakra or stamina. Now, it's partially my fault for not including a rank for the fireball ('twas D-rank btw), but there was no mention of dodging it in your post, which would have cost [10] stamina to do. I'll let it slide this time, but if you fail to react to an attack like that in the future, it will be an auto-hit. Unless the intention was for it to hit, in which case it's a D-rank hit. An average human punch is equivalent to E-rank, and D-rank is double that. Anyway, had you dodged, that would have been your first activation.

Your 'second' activation is a prepared move, a reaction to a potential attack. If the goblin does not attack in such a way, no stamina will be expended, but it still counts as an activation. The third is your horizontal swing after the prepared deflect. I need to know what rank it is to properly react in the future. Otherwise, an attack where no chakra/stamina is spent is considered negligible and can be avoided by an E-rank dodge or block. The jump at the end could potentially be considered an activation as well, but because no energy was spent, we typically don't count it. Just keep in mind that if something went after your character while expending stamina, they would outpace him.

All of that aside, I'm a bit confused by your last sentence: what's this about two successful attacks?]

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:56 am
User Image

Kira would look down at the scene as one of the little goblins had reemerged into existence and the other a black blob noticeable in the fresh fallen snow. The Two goblins seemed confused and pissed off by Kira's actions thus far and now where seemingly discussing how to reach him from his perch in the tree's. His eyes tracked the surroundings from his perch giving a little more detail about the animal trail he had set the trap in. the tree's seem to undulate like a wave mark on paper narrowing at points and growing in size at others. His first thought was that he would need to rethink his trap to make it into infront of those narrow corridors of the path, and the second led him to a plan of single file lining. With his plan set Kira Aimed himself to the narrow part behind the goblins and using his chakra launched himself [10 chakra] to get behind the goblin with the lance in the beginning of the of the next open space of the trail. Kira held his sword his stance at the ready the wooden stake he had used lost to the tree he had put it in.

Kira's chakra eyes looked over t the goblins as he formed a hand sign with his freehand and whispered to himself, "ninja art, Kyoka [20]" Soon after a thin black energy formed around Kira's sword giving off a ominous glow as if possessed by some form of demon to those who didnt know what chakra and Ninja arts were, which was something he was banking on with these goblins. To him they seemed to have some form of ninja arts understanding but it could be they think of it as magic in there culture. Magic by definition often scares cultures who have no understanding of it. With that in mind Kira took hold of his sword with both hands and readied himself for the little goblins attack hoping that this narrow corridor would be enough to give him a edge.

Stamina:115/115
Chakra: 85/115

Techniques:/Kyōka [Reinforcement]
Description: By coating the blade with a thin layer of Chakra, the user can reinforce it to withstand physical attacks for up to six [6] of the user’s posts, one post per rank, regardless of its composition. In other words, it takes no durability damage for the extent of the technique. Confers an increase of a half rank [.5] per two [2] ranks, starting at E, to defensive techniques while active.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:39 am

The lancer whirled as you landed behind it, barely giving you a moment to prepare before thrusting the rust-covered spear in your direction [E-rank]. Pulling back, regardless of whether or not the attack hit, it thrust forward a second time, this time with a little more force [D-rank]. Meanwhile, the swordsman behind you made a hand seal and thrust a hand against the ground. Several small rocks and clumps of dirt shot out from beneath the snow to pelt you from behind [D-rank].

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:55 pm
User Image

Kira took note that somehow the goblin with the rusted sword had managed to get behind him before he landed to the ground and used some form of jutsu to pelt rocks over towards him. This was made harder when dodging the two attacks made by the Goblin with the spear, the first was easy to counter but the follow up nicked his armor slightly loosing a couple of scales in the process. Having enough of this team up bullshit Kira side stepped [stamina twenty] to avoid he the overall spear attack and the stone pellets made by the swords man. He hoped that they would counter act each other in the volley of each others attacks but didnt bother to see if it would work. Kira rushed forward towards the swordsman, having had enough of his jutsu, and using the same pushing technique he used to push himself from the tree not moments ago [chakra 10] Launched himself at the little beast Sword to hat he would think would be the things throat and attempted a full on decapitation to the monster.

Stamina:85/115
Chakra: 85/115
Scale Mail degradation: 13/14
sword kyoka counter: 5 1/2

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:40 am

Dodging out of the way meant that the rocks meant to strike you did indeed hit the lancer, one particular smashing into its mask and cracking a decent sized chunk from it. Its form seemed to shudder for a moment, almost as if having trouble keeping shape, before it stabilized again. The swordsman, however, due to freaking out about striking its ally, wasn't quite able to dodge fast enough. It pushed itself back alright, but not fast enough, and your blade clipped it across the throat. Dropping the rusty sword, it grasped at its neck, where a thick black substance began to ooze, hissing against the snow that it touched. The creature let out a shrill shriek, which only made it worse.

Meanwhile, the lancer, enraged by the injury of its ally, cried out in range, its stance shifting. Feet shoulder width apart, knees bent deeply, spear pointed toward you and slightly down toward the ground. With all of the energy it could muster, it attacked, its blows suddenly much more structured and thoughtful. The first strike was a forward lunge, a powerful thrust that overextended its reach forward, aiming to strike you in the gut [C-rank speed, B-rank strength]. From there, it stepped forward, using the momentum and over-extension to whirl the spear around, it aimed to hit you from the left, attempting to reach around your defenses [D-rank].

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:55 pm
User Image

As Kira looked coldly as his sword seemed to have done its job some what at slicing that goblins throat its quails and shrieks seemed to give the lancer a second wind making it much more focused than before. By the time Kira could turn around the little thing had managed to get within his personal space. Kira didn't have much time to think as the spear aimed for his gut was about to hit and take off a couple of scale and maybe even hit his stomach. Kira couldnt let this pass so in his counter defense Kira ever so slightly lowered his right arm to block the spear tip as it split through his bracer piercing through it and breaking the skin below it dealing a small amount of damage almost going in between the bones. Kira looked at the little monster his now visiable red eyes toward the wicked thingglowing with passion and anger as he smiled under the mask he said,

"Pain... I forgot what pain was... hehehe... thank you little goblin for reminding me if but a short time, let me share my gratitude with you~" Kira looked at the little goblin not knowing the look behind its own mask before reaching for the wood shaft of the spear and breaking it off half way leaving the spear tip in Kira's arm. Kira would then hurl his arm in a fast moving slice [D-rank] to hopefully break through and cut off this little guys head so as to avoid anymore screaming [C-rank]. With that done and over with Kira would us a minor part of his chakra [E-rank] to move himself back up into the tree and perch himself on the next highest branch from the ground. From what he figured all he had left was the swordsman, who was bleeding out by the throat, and the mace wielder if he had been successful in cutting the head off the lanser.

Stamina:65/115
Chakra: 75/115
Scale Mail degradation: 10/14
sword kyoka counter: 3 1/2

Royal Taorito

[金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items