Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chopsticks

Back to Guilds

A guild of art, writing, general discussion---let's go with everything. 

Tags: Literate, Arts, Roleplaying, Fantasy, Chat 

Reply Roleplays (PRPs and ORPs go here!)
Yay! You’re here! (Tater and Thali) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:10 pm
Mavri had gone to check on Dezinarth when she’d spotted a familiar figure. The man she’d spent countless hours writing letters to, the man she’d invited to join her at the weyr, the man she’d fallen for before she’d Impressed her beautiful blue. And he’d a dragon? Had he been here all along? Was that why he’d never responded to her letters?

She ran over to him. “Yario!” She called, beaming at him. Oh, it was good to see him. She’d missed him.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:19 pm
Y'io rarely ventured into the sections of the Weyr occupied by other wings. Volunteering all the time for sweeps and watch duty kept him pretty occupied -- which was good, as now that he was out of Weyrling training he needed something to keep him busy. Anything to keep from thinking about her; the girl who'd broken his heart back at Fort Hold.

A shout caught his attention, a female voice. Who was using his old name? No one knew it here... He stopped and turned toward the sound of the voice --

No. It couldn't be.

"...Mavri?" he said in disbelief. What was she doing HERE? His heart pounded in his chest and he nearly fell over in shock. "Is that... you?"  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:27 pm
Mavri was still beaming at him. “It’s me!” She affirmed. “I can’t believe you’re here, Yario, I kept writing you to tell you about Dezinarth but I guess you never got them! When were you Searched? I wish I’d known!” She’d felt wretched for leaving him, but her parents had encouraged her to accept the dragonman’s offer. No daughter of theirs was going to lose a chance at a dragon because she fancied some musician!

“I’ve missed you, Yario,” she said. “But look at you! You’re a dragonrider now!” She gave him a smile.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:41 pm
It WAS her. Mavri. The image was seared into his mind, Mavri laughing as she climbed onto the back of a dragon and slid her arms around the dragonman's waist. Not even so much as a goodbye, an explanation. His heart had torn itself in two that day. And now... all the pain and sorrow came rushing back as if it has happened yesterday.

Y'io didn't -- couldn't -- let any of it show. His face was the picture of impassive as she approached, an affectation cultivated and perfected because of her betrayal. The stone-faced exterior would protect him from further heartache.

"Mavri. I..." He almost slipped, but the only visible sign was a single eyebrow going up. "I've been here a couple turns now. I walked the tables and was assigned to a hold as a Journeyman, and was Searched there." It was true: the watch rider's blue dragon had zeroed in on him almost immediately upon arrival.

"How long have you been here?"  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:48 pm
“Four turns, ever since that rider Searched me. I Impressed the first time they dragged me onto the sands. I...” she hesitated, studying his face. His smile was absent. It often was, but it was one of the things she loved best about him. It was a rare thing she could cause.

“I’m sorry you didn’t get my letters,” she said. “Do you want to meet Dezinarth? He’s my blue. I’ve been wanting to introduce you to him for turns.”  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:58 pm
So she had been Searched. Y'io didn't stop to consider that the rider she'd flown off with was the one who had Searched her. He didn't stop to consider that his own Searching -- the watch rider's dragon, the message sent to High Reaches, the time he'd had to prepare to leave -- was in any way unusual.

"Yes, I'm a dragonrider now," he replied. "Like you, I Impressed at my first standing. I have a brown, Taliorth. I will have to ask him if he knows your Dezinarth."

His expression never changed, though the bitterness and pain grew inside him. "And no, I never received your letters." Which was an outright lie; he HAD gotten them, but had never read them. He'd torn them up and tossed them in the fireplace without a second glance.

"Do you still play?" he asked, genuinely curious now, though it didn't show.  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:06 pm
“I’m sorry I wasn’t there to see you Impress,” she said, sincerely. “I hope they know each other, but I don’t imagine we could be in the same wing without seeing each other.” Her smile was beginning to fade. Something was wrong. She didn’t know what, but he was treating her as if she were a stranger. His walls were up, she could tell.

Had she done something wrong?

“Yes,” she said. “When I have the time, Dezinarth likes me to play my guitar. When I first Impressed him, he’d try to honk along with my singing.” She hesitated and the smile faded from her face. “Yario, aren’t you happy?”  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:18 pm
"I'm glad. I still play as well, when time allows. My wingmates enjoy my music, as does Taliorth of course." He looked down at her; she was as beautiful as ever, even moreso now that she was a woman and a dragonrider. That only made it worse. "And it's Y'io now. Yario is long gone."

His eyebrow went up again. "Happy? Of course I'm happy. I'm fortunate in that I'm able to pursue music while being a 'rider. That makes me happy. Why do you ask?"

He knew full well why she was asking.  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:23 pm
Oh. Maybe that’s why he was angry. She’d been calling him by the wrong name! “I’m sorry, Y’io,” she said. She offered him a small smile. “I was just so pleased to see you, I didn’t ask. That was silly of me.”

“...you just...I’m sorry.” She swallowed, and looked away. “What did I do, Y’io?” She asked, quietly. This wasn’t at all the way she was used to we interactions with him going. She must have angered him in some way.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:29 pm
Y'io stood in silence and regarded Mavri through narrowed hazel-yellow eyes. "I should be asking the same of you," he replied flatly. "Apparently it was severe enough that I didn't deserve so much as a goodbye from you before you left with your new lover." He fought to keep the venom from seeping out in his words. "There was no way a mere apprentice Harper could compete with a dragonman. I hope he was worth it."  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:35 pm
Mavri stiffened. Her eyes went wide. “I wanted to say goodbye!” She cried. “My parents, when they heard the dragonrider inviting me to the Weyr, they insisted I go. I didn’t have time to pack. I couldn’t find you. I didn’t want to. But a chance to get a dragon...” Wait, what? She wiped at her eyes.

“Lover?” She echoed. “I never had a lover. Not since you. I wrote you almost every day. I...”  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:47 pm
Now he was confused, though he didn't let it show. She hadn't fallen in love with a dragonman? Her parents made her go? Either she was lying or the bitterness and sorrow he'd been wallowing in since he was a teenager had been baseless, a simple miscommunication.

And he knew her, or thought he did. She wasn't a liar. Still...

"I never received any letters." Again, he had, at least a few. But he'd destroyed them before reading them. Might an explanation have been in them?  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:52 pm
Mavri trembled. She swallowed and tried to rid her eyes of the tears threatening to escape. She blinked furiously. “I wrote them,” she said. “I sent them with a firelizard, a big bronze one. They told me golds were the smartest, but I didn’t know anyone with a gold...” she swallowed again. She’d poured her heart into those letters. “I kept inviting you to come to the Weyr. I loved you. I couldn’t come back with a baby dragon, I couldn’t leave him. And by the time he was old enough to go to Fort, I couldn’t find you.”

“Maybe he dropped them between instead of delivering them.”  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:01 pm
"Maybe." Doubt was beginning to grow in his mind, and in his heart. Because he still loved her, almost desperately; and he longed to feel the glorious sensation of her in his arms again. Seeing her like this, on the verge of a breakdown, didn't give him the satisfaction he usually got when he broke someone who had wronged him.

Could it be that she hadn't wronged him at all?

"I was gone by then, most likely." His expression was still impassive, unreadable, concealing the emotional turmoil he was feeling. "Mavri, I... need some time. There's a lot I need to think about. I hope you understand."  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Thaliawen
Captain

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:18 pm
“Most likely,” She echoed. She took a breath and nodded. “Right. Of course. Take all the time you need.” She wished she’d sent those letters with a more intelligent firelizard.

“Well. Now you know I’m here. So you can have your dragon bespeak mine whenever you’d like to talk.”  
Roleplays (PRPs and ORPs go here!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff