Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Where Do You Find Inspiration? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Where do you look for inspiration for your art, designs, etc?
There's enough going on in my head that I don't need to look for inspiration!
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Various design websites and blogs
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Admiring other people's art, photography or designs (on DeviantArt, etc)
25%
 25%  [ 20 ]
Nature and the world around us
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
More than one or all of the above
43%
 43%  [ 34 ]
Other (tell us in the comments!)
11%
 11%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 79

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:51 am
Here's a new poll, this time its about where you find inspiration. This is an opinion poll, so vote for what you think or like. It's not about what's the best or whatever.

Post any comments about the poll after you vote! biggrin Let us know about your favorite blog, online portfolio, or anywhere else you find inspiration.

Oh yeah, I hope you find SOME inspiration here, in the guild... that's a given. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:27 pm
I chose the option of admiring others' work. I usually do it when I get graphic blocked and I take ideas from a lot of different works. I also get sort of inspiration from just doing something over and over and trying anything I can think of. You never know what will work out. 3nodding  

Thistlebound

Questionable Hoarder

8,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Paper_Stars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:53 am
I can get inspiration from anything if it strikes me. Many times it's a scene from a story I read but I have many epic dreams that are asking to be drawn also (or put into a blog or story). Music is another big one but good stories produce more. I read a lot. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:34 pm
For me, it comes from everywhere. The people I talk to, the games I play, the places I visit, the books I read, and the world around me. Music is most definetely a help in bringing about inspiration. I don't know where the heck I'd be without music, or music videos to spur my creativity.  

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Corition

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:59 pm
Drakness, is the way, am i goth no, emo...no, I just enjoy the dark. because int eh dark your mind runs wild, imagines creatures to which you can almost see. i draw these creatures.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:03 pm
music helps to, ANGRY music muwahhaaaa. I need to scan some of my stuff.  

Corition

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:48 pm
Biggest inspiration for me is definitely looking at work that I admire and wish I could do myself 3nodding

There's a pretty cool DA thing that showcases interesting design work for inspiration http://designersblock.deviantart.com/

CSS ZenGarden is always an awesome source for web design inspiration.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:54 pm
I like do do stuff from Tv, Video Games, and Movies. Not all the time, but I do like a lot of thats type of stuff. xD  

Kitten Puff

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:40 pm
I find a lot of inspiration when I see other people's work, whether it be websites, blogs, paintings, whatever. Also, when I look at professional websites and designs, I get inspired to make more art. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to do any art because of college and work. Hopefully I get time to do some more graphic art.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:05 pm
Chisa
Biggest inspiration for me is definitely looking at work that I admire and wish I could do myself 3nodding

There's a pretty cool DA thing that showcases interesting design work for inspiration http://designersblock.deviantart.com/

'

designersBlock is cool, same with designersCOUCH  

miksago

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:14 am
Chisa

Wow that DeviantArt page is really cool! I'll have to look at it more.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:11 pm
Wow, I just checked out those sites, and they are awsome. biggrin  

miigiro

3,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:39 am
Ooh, DesignersCouch is pretty cool! And all web stuff whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:58 pm
Just about anything gets me inspired, it all depends on how much of what I am looking at sets of that creative "spark". Usually its something that makes me curious about the artist's process through his/her project.

Here are my two most favorite sites that help me stay in touch with what is going on in the design industry, some handy magazines.

Juxtapoz Magazine

ComputerArts Magazine

I enjoyed some of the other links, keep em coming.

Thanks.

Raff  

mofoker

Panther Nightwind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:23 pm
My inspiration comes from just about anything. Lately though, Chisa has been my inspiration. I may not be as good as you yet Chisa but beware....you may have a rival soon *friendly evil laughter* Just kidding......Chisa is my main inspiration at the mo. Just look at her Felixi, they are soooo adorable crying

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff