Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
Doctor Who anyone? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Current dude, Matt Smith - yes?
Yes! He's awesome!
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
NOOO bring back David Tennet!
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Dude, I still miss the original series...
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Good on ya!
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:15 am
Ok - what's your favorite Doctor, companion, and episode?

Also, any plot points you thought were awesome/awful/contrived/clever? Favorite relationships or plotholes?

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:22 am
I like the episodes with the doctor and Catherine Tate, but I dont think I have a favourit season surprised  

3weeksOF

6,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am
Catherine Tate... was that Donna?

My favorite Doctor is Christopher Eccleston (NO idea on spelling). Second fav could be Matt Smith... My favorite companion is Donna. Second fav Rose.

And I love Silence in the Library!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:50 am
    My favourite Doctor is Matt Smith, my favourite companion is Donna followed closely by Amy, and I LOVED Blink. : D And the Big Bang 2. Fez ftw.

Purple Coloured Pencils

5,550 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

musicmagician823

5,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:50 pm
My favourite Doctor is definitely David Tennant, favourite companion is Rose closely followed by Donna, and I loved Blink and The Unicorn and the Wasp biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:25 pm
Sorry, ancient viewer here, most likely watching Dr. Who before alot of my fellow guildspersons were born. Favorite is Tom Baker followed closely by David Tennant, Favorite Companion - Surprise! K-9! Sarah is my fave human companion though. Favorite episode - Don't know the name, THe Dr. goes back to a planet where he once repaired a ships computer and has to deal with his own partial personality that has driven the computer insane.  

Sea Smokie

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Mary Lightly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:39 pm
I think Eccleston (9) or Baker (4) are my favorite Doctors. I liked Rose alright, but I liked her less so with Tennant (I think that's just because I started with 9 and I felt 10/Rose felt pushed in the beginning). I like Ace and Sarah Jane alson, though. It's hard to have favorites in the Whoverse I find. I love anything dealing with the Master and Daleks usually.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:33 pm
Daleks? Bleh. They're cute, but kinda annoying. but I like them better than the cybermen. I HATE them XP  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

MiZZ_BEETLEJUICE

5,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:50 pm
Sea Smokie
Sorry, ancient viewer here, most likely watching Dr. Who before alot of my fellow guildspersons were born. Favorite is Tom Baker followed closely by David Tennant, Favorite Companion - Surprise! K-9! Sarah is my fave human companion though. Favorite episode - Don't know the name, THe Dr. goes back to a planet where he once repaired a ships computer and has to deal with his own partial personality that has driven the computer insane.
OMG finaly someone whos watched the older series!*hugs you*
ahem sorry but while its kool ppl are getting into dr who i find faults with alot of then new episodes
(not all but some of the writing got pretty cheesy/bad for a bit) for EG david tennant became some sort of Jesus for a bit there in the series we get the drs a hero thats great but hes far from perfect and doesn't always win. its a good thing trust me.matt smith as a dr seems a tad slow n the uptake his companions run circles around him on regular occasions this is not a good thing!! also there have bin places where the storyline relys too heavily on old skool villans too much. aka cybermen/darleks.. that said my favorite dr hand down has to be tom baker followed secondly by david tennant. i agree k9 rules i kinda liked martha mostly cuase she was smart and no pretty tool or nagging fishwife or mentally deranged groupy (rose earlier episodes donna and amy pond)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:51 pm
Sita Harker
Daleks? Bleh. They're cute, but kinda annoying. but I like them better than the cybermen. I HATE them XP
there the drs arch nemisis's your not supposed to like them !!!  

MiZZ_BEETLEJUICE

5,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MiZZ_BEETLEJUICE

5,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:55 pm
Sita Harker
Ok - what's your favorite Doctor, companion, and episode?

Also, any plot points you thought were awesome/awful/contrived/clever? Favorite relationships or plotholes?

User Image
haha omg i love that picture! i miss susan i wonder what ever happend to her? (its really hard to find the black and white episdoes in nz !)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:28 am
Who is Susan?

I like the veryfirst group of companions - tworandom teachers and his granddaughter. That was awesome.

I'm excited about Rory for next season - a male companion! The first in the new series!  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Cluck Girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:02 pm
Oh yes, Doctor Who 3nodding I'm loving the new series.

Just for the record, I hate Donna. Amy is my favourite companion, she's definately the best of the revamp for me and although I don't know quite so much about the older companions I still prefer her.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:34 am
Cluck Girl
Oh yes, Doctor Who 3nodding I'm loving the new series.

Just for the record, I hate Donna. Amy is my favourite companion, she's definately the best of the revamp for me and although I don't know quite so much about the older companions I still prefer her.

Why do you hate Donna ?????? gonk  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

smile_clarenet

2,350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:13 pm
I think I prefer Matt Smith over David Tennant, but they're both great doctors. I didn't see many of the Christopher Ecclestone episodes. Amy is my favourite companion as well. Donna felt a bit to sarky for my liking.

As for episodes, Blink all the way!  
The Friends of English Magic Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces