Reply False Gods
False Gods: Take 2 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashenclaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:23 pm
Teleaer stood his ground through the earthquake, stumbling just a bit. Cuddles never fell from Telaer's shoulder, however. He actually laughed to himself a little at the exchange between the "hungover" man and Claire. It wasn't until Cuddles started scratching at his face that Telaer remembered they hadn't gotten their nightly drinks. "Oh! Sorry there. Miss Claire, could I get a glass of water and a some of your rice wine in a bowl?"

Cuddles was getting a bit fidgety as he waited. It was the best way to take his mind off of the feeling he was getting, and he could tell that Telaer was doing whatever it took to push the feeling down too. There was something in the air... it felt the same as the last time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:00 pm
Jamie rolled his eyes "C'mon, chika...do people buy full bottles so often that you forget who does what?" he raised his bottle, taking another swig "Besides...I don't get wasted. I like to think of it more as refueling." he gave her a wink and went back to his knives.

And now Jamie could feel Alaria's nonexistent eyes boring into the back of his skull "Be. Careful. What. You. Say. There are rumors, yes. You do not want to be connected with any of the blasted planes."

Jamie shrugged, and placed the now polished knives in their sheathes. He opened his overcoat, revealing many more knives, and attached them to his bandolier "The rest of these are busted." he said, closing his coat again and gesturing to the knives and pistols on the table "Anyone want 'em? Got 'em off a couple guys who cornered some girl yesterday."

**OOC**For anyone who doesn't drink, Scotch is /really/ strong.**/OOC**  

Skye Venorum

Shameless Flatterer

12,600 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Survivor 150

Edmund_Gallows

Dapper Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:29 pm
Still clutching his chest, and fearing that he was bleeding, Arliss smiled and took the beer. "I'll go ahead and get drunk, but what's this about the world ending?" Mushi kept him in the dark about a lot of things, and he never knew why.

Ever since he woke up without his memory, Mushi had been doing this. He used to wonder if it had something to do with his past, but, in the end, he decided he didn't care and got used to finding things out last.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:21 am
Claire's expression did a complete 360 degrees, from smirking to smiling, when Telaer asked for his usual drinks. "Ah, coming right up." She turned and stepped down the length of the counter fetching a bowl and a bottle. She responded to the weapons' man with rolling eyes and a slight 'whatever' as she poured the bowl. Then, after fetching a quick glass of cold water from the tap, she slid the two down the counter to Telaer not spilling a drop. Then she crossed her arms on top of the counter and rested on her elbows spying the broken weaponry. "Depends... How busted would you say they are? Anything salvage-able?" Then the hungover man addressed her asking what she meant about the world ending. She stared down at the counter with narrowed eyes and answered plainly, "There's talk something big. Everyone's scared. Lots of people are heading toward the Eastern Seaboard where they assume its safer. Everyone has a different story about how the world is going to end... or a natural disaster... or war."

(((OOC: Sorry about the wait... Nightshift is killer on the sleep patterns...)))  

ClaraDusk
Captain

4,950 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100

Skye Venorum

Shameless Flatterer

12,600 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:46 am
Jamie snorted "Yeah, if you can call that s**t natural" he mumbled, looking down at his coin purse. He raised his voice and his head, looking at Claire "Eh...I suppose it's all salvageable, if you're willing to put some time to it. The firing mechanism seems to be shot on most of 'em, if you don't mind the pun." He held up another one with a small bar jammed in the barrel "Not sure about this one, though. Dunno much about guns, but I'mma say it's probably scrap. As for the knives..." he held up one in which the blade was snapped in half, and another that was bent in half "Take 'em to a blacksmith and you're prolly golden."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:30 pm
Claire raised her gaze from the counter to study the busted weaponry. She knew she could blacksmith the knives herself easily, but she had never attempted to fix a guns firing mechanism. She fetched her own coin purse from her waist and studied the contents. "I'll take all of the broken knives and the best looking gun you've got in that mess. Not sure whether I can fix the gun or not... But, I'll give it a 'shot'. Pun intended... How much you looking for out of the bunch?"  

ClaraDusk
Captain

4,950 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100

Skye Venorum

Shameless Flatterer

12,600 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:43 pm
Jamie raised an eyebrow "Uh, I was just going to..." his eyes glazed over for a second.

"Jamie. She is offering to pay. You are capable of getting rewarded. Do so."

His eyes snapped back into focus "Uh...temporary room and another bottle sometime tomorrow?"

**OOC**Btw, Alaria is internal, no-one else can hear her. However, if you have a parasite yourself, you might be able to draw connections.**/OOC**  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:07 pm
"Thanks you." Telaer said as he took a drink of his water. Cuddles gleefully hopped down from Teleaer's shoulder and starting to lap up the rice wine. He was practically smiling as he did so. While Cuddles was focused on the wine bowl he so loved, Teleaer listens more to Claire's rumors. It was that last possibility that struck him. Then again, how could it not? He was able to shrug it off rather quickly as Claire started bartering with the man about his weapons. Even with rumors of the end of the world, things could continue rather normally.  

Ashenclaw

ClaraDusk
Captain

4,950 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:06 pm
Claire watched the man's expression closely when she asked his price for the lot. When he raised his brow, she casually tied her coin purse back to her waist and stepped over to Telaer's cat scratching him behind the ears gently. She looked over just in time to see the glazed look in his eyes and recognized it immediately.

She was beginning to put the peices together. Somehow, for some reason, power was collecting at the Crossroads. There was some logic to this... Although Crossroads was not geographically the exact center of the continent, it was the center of the different peices of the human world. Money, people, power, goods, and everything went up and down these roads. The sudden shift of negative energy in the West and the shift of human energy toward the East was unbalancing everything. She was beginning to fear the worst.

She snapped out of her thoughts when he asked for only a room and another bottle. "Deal. And I guess I'll just take the whole lot off your hands if you don't care... I was expecting you to ask more for them, honestly. But, I suppose that just comes with this territory." She smiled weakly. Her skin had paled more than normal, as if she might be sick. She petted Cuddles one last time before withdrawing her hand and stepping around the counter. She picked up the handle side of one busted knife. The knife had two dips and points and a long upper curve in its edge giving it a dangerous look. This knife as well as its twin were both jaggedly broken in half.

Chloe interupted her again with a warning, Claire grit her teeth to stave back the pain of this realization. It was going to happen. She had known it from the start, but had chosen to ignore it. She breathed in deeply and the air in the room dropped several degrees. She picked up the pointed end of the knife and matched the peices together. Heat entered the knife making it glow orange in her hands as she pressed the peices together. The metal at the break glowed hotter until it melted and fused together, and while it was still liquid she used her index finger to smooth the surface of the knife where the metal had squished out. She used the excess metal on the edge of the knife where the base had been sharpened once too many times and was bowed inward and pinched the entire edge sharp again. Then, when she liked the way it looked, the heat was sucked out of the knife leaving the metal cold to the touch. It looked almost like new, and just needed a fine sharpening to make the edge keen again. She exhaled heavily, and went to hand the knife handle-first to the weapons' man. "You wouldn't mind sharpening it for me would you?" She gave him another weak, pale smile.

Theme Song for False Gods - This War is Ours!

(((OOC: This rpg has a theme-song now! XD BTW one of the best amv's ever...)))  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:25 pm
Jamie saw what Claire did, and his eyes widened.

"Jamie! The last one tried to kill us, you need to..."

Jamie kicked the chair down, and flipped over to a wall, shedding his duster and drawing out two knives in each hand as he did so (Parkour FTW). He was wearing little more than shorts and a white undershirt underneath, the only addition being a bandolier of knives; he had left his bow in his room. "Shut up, Alaria!" electricity crackled through his skin, sending his hair straight up "I aint going back to that lab, something totaled it." he shouted, glaring at Claire "Whaddaya want?"

**OOC**And what's with the song that sounds like people puking to a hardcore tune?**/OOC**  

Skye Venorum

Shameless Flatterer

12,600 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Survivor 150

Ashenclaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:28 pm
Telaer had begun humming to himself as Claire finished her deal with the weapons man. He payed no mind to her as she scratched Cuddles on her way by, but the small cat froze in place when she looked him in the eye. In Telaer's head he heard the voice of a small male child echo. 'Telaer!' The voice in turn caused Telaer to freeze. Cuddles rarely spoke, not even inside Telaer's head. He could feel it now though. Something odd with Claire.

Telaer slowly looked up from his water and watched as Claire superheated the metal to the point of reforming the knife. His eyes widened, and the fur on Cuddles stuck out as he hissed at the woman. Telaer took a couple steps away from Claire. There was no way. This couldn't be happening. He refused to believe she was like him. Meeting people like him was never a good thing. As if that weren't enough, he could see lightning crackling along the blades of the weapons man. How could there be two of them?! Telaer's voice wavered and he shook his head slowly. "How did you..."

(OOC: YAY AMV!)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:38 pm
Mushi swooped down, slamming into Arliss's face when the barkeep super heated the metal. "What...?" Arliss didn't see a thing of what happened until he pulled the bat off his face. Holding the bat firmly, he looked it in the eye. "What are you doing you stupid bat?"

"Protecting you."

Sitting up suddenly, his stool crashing to the ground, Arliss through the bat as hard as he could away from him.

Mushi barely flapped out of the way, flying over to hang under a chair. He growled glaring at Arliss.

When Arliss turned back and saw the weapon guy's reaction, he was confused again.

Edmund_Gallows

Dapper Lover

ClaraDusk
Captain

4,950 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:36 pm
Claire just sighed heavily at all of their reactions. She let her arm rest at her side, still holding the knife by the blade. Her tired gaze turned into a firey glare set right on the weapons' man. "That is no way to be treating my furniture! Now calm down and pick up my damn chair! I'm not your enemy."

She took a moment to calm her expression before facing Telaer. The look on her face was kind, but still pained. "It doesn't matter how, Telaer. I've had the suspiscion that you and I were alike ever since you arrived. And then these two arived. I wanted to ignore what was happening but..." She closed her eyes, staving back tears. She couldn't believe she was on the front lines. Again. She opened her eyes, which were just barely bloodshot from the stress. "But its... its happening again."

She turned and bent to pick up the stool that had fallen and placed it upright, and spoke to the hungover man again. "Don't be so mean to your little friend. You're going to need him." She then stepped back to the table with the knives and placed hers down next to its broken twin. She turned to face them all with a weak smile.

At this point, a dark venomous storm is beginning to spin over the West lands... And it is growing larger.

(((OOC: I kindof figured Skye wouldn't like it lol. You have to watch past at least :55 ish to get past the most of the screaming part. My favorite section begins at 2:00.)))  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:51 pm
Jamie glared at her " 'I'm not your enemy...' Wow." he said, voice dripping with sarcasm "I haven't heard that before, not ever. Not even before that Rock chick tried burying me. Nope, never heard it."

"Be suspicious, Jamie. Not insulting."

"You're one to talk, princess." he said, seeming to talk into thin air "But fine. I met you recently, barkeep. Not enough time to build trust, and then you break out with our powers." he relaxed a bit but remained in a cautious, defensive stance "Why should I trust you?" the wind picked up a bit (a lot) around the chair, which flipped back upright.  

Skye Venorum

Shameless Flatterer

12,600 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Survivor 150

Edmund_Gallows

Dapper Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:33 pm
Arliss pulled out his gun, firing it into the ceiling. "If someone wants to explain, what the hell is going on, that would be great." Putting his gun away, Arliss pointed a finger at the weapons guy, "You, guy, this was a friendly place to get drunk until a few minutes ago." Turning his attention to the barkeep, he pointed his finger at her. "And you, don't you dare tell me how to treat the little rat with wings I'm forced to spend my time with."

Holding his hand in the air, he snapped, and with in seconds thick fog rolled into the room, making it so no one could see. Arliss could feel Mushi land on his shoulder as he walked briskly out of the room and upstairs to the rooms.. "You done throwing a fit?"

"Yeah..."

False Gods

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces