And the cow jumped over the moon…
But why not the cat or the dog?
Why not the dish and the spoon, so willing to run away together?
Why can’t the chair fly?
So, why not the chair?
No, Mommy, the plane does not fly.
Stop looking at me funny
The plane just doesn’t fly mommy
But guess what does
The chair... the chair does fly.
Mommy, why do they say I’m special?
Is it cause the chair can fly,
And not just the cow over the moon.
Mommy they kept telling me no, that the chair doesn’t fly
They tell me to play with these planes, but I don’t want them to fly.
I want the chair to fly
The dish and spoon, who ran away together.
Mommy, I just want to fly.
Mommy, they took away my toys,
All they left was the plane and they told me to soar.
But I told them it doesn’t fly
And they said I lied.
But mommy I really tried
It wasn’t that I didn’t want to
But the plane doesn’t fly.
It just leaps and glides.
I miss you Mommy.
But they told me that you flew away really, really high.
See Mommy? We can fly.
So, why can’t the chair fly too?
- by MaenadMagic |
- Poetry And Lyrics
- | Submitted on 12/29/2012 |
- Title: The Cow Jumped Over the Moon
- Artist: MaenadMagic
- Description: He just didn't understand what they were telling him, found himself confused and lost.
- Date: 12/29/2012
- Tags: poem family confusion
- Report Post
Comments (1 Comments)
- Zamyrah - 06/08/2013
- Its okay, but I had to read it twice because of the leaps and bounds... Your mind, was going faster than the pen...
- Report As Spam