Caressing light filters through the loam-green trees.
Sweet air invites you in;
the neverending comfort of knowing where you belong.
Chickadees call to you,
their song light in the cautious breeze.
Pineapple-brown needles cover the fluffy cloud you're floating on.
You aren't ready to go,
Holding onto the memory of the river,
- by dancing_scare_crow96 |
- Poetry And Lyrics
- | Submitted on 03/02/2011 |
- Title: My Place
- Artist: dancing_scare_crow96
- Description: I just started writing poetry, so go easy on me! But any comments or suggestions would be great!
- Date: 03/02/2011
- Tags: place
- Report Post
Comments (1 Comments)
- SouthunBelle - 03/15/2011
- It's short, sweet and to the point, which you don't get very often in poems. I like how it's formed. I like it, it has the obscure feel to it, along with the up front feel. I've tried to write a poem like the one you have, and in my 7 years of writing, have not managed to do so. Good job and congratulations. I'm giving you a 5! smile
- Report As Spam