My energy wasted,
The smile on my face pasted,
You've let me down once again.
Hard as I try,
Try as I must,
Everything i touch turns to dust.
I try to see you Saturday
But each time you wave my suggestions away
I confide in you
And what do you do?
You tell my secrets
And promise those sweet nothings I've heard so much about
I'm just so disappointed!
Is there no end?
Each day there's a new twist
The road hides another bend
Can't you see what you're doing to me?
How much more do I need to plead?
I've been on my knees for weeks
Praying for the change I've yet to see
For time and patience to fix the links
One disappointment after another
I doubt I can keep up.
And after the last abomination
I think I've had enough!
I'd love to say I quit
But the two of you would throw a fit.
And once more
I'd knock at your door
Apologizing for making an effort
Once more, my friends, you've disappointed me
Let me down and stomped on my heart
I will try and bear through it,
And grind my teeth against this constant pain.
So today I say to you, my friends,
You need to step up to the plate.
The ball won't bite, I promise you,
But you still need to take a good swing.
I'm foolishly counting on you,
Giving you yet another chance.
- by lovelyindeed |
- Poetry And Lyrics
- | Submitted on 11/10/2010 |
- Title: Once More
- Artist: lovelyindeed
- Description: My two best friends promised me they would come to my play this weekend, and then said they couldn't, and over the past month they have been one let down after another and just here's my rant. At the end it doesn't rhyme too much but to heck with it i'm tired.
- Date: 11/10/2010
- Tags: once more friends letdown disappointed
- Report Post
Comments (2 Comments)
- lovelyindeed - 11/12/2010
- thank you!!! biggrin
- Report As Spam
- Doctor Clarice - 11/10/2010
- Mmm. I really did enjoy this(:
- Report As Spam