Wasted hope and wasted life
Failed again my kids and wife
"Not my fault" I may cry
- the echoes know better, and so do I.
Every time, I always hope
until I'm given enough rope,
and then I hang around and sigh
- the rope knew better, and so did I.
I've still not learned to hold back;
my hopes still outrace the track.
Those in the bleachers wonder why
- they knew better and so should I.
I waste my hope on things
like jobs, books, and diamond rings.
My hopes burst free, and off they fly
- though they know better, and so should I.
Blind and foolish, I'll stumble on
until the world is burned and gone,
but still be hoping for another try
- the World knew better, why not I?
Manage Your Items