speaks to me in my dreams
she tells me, of my aspiriations
to follow them all
walks me through the lonely concrete streets
leads me to the sidewalks paved with gold
She tells me I have nothing to fear
no need to run... none to hide
she tells me she's right here
and sheilds me from the
cold burning sky
So I fall in love with My City .
the blinking lights, the highways,
and the cracks in the pavement.
Falling For my Hometown
the skyline, the life of night,
the people making their statements.
I tell my secrets to her sidewalks
shout my prayers to her crystal blue skies.
ask her for advice
and listen for answers in bridsong.
Listen to The City speak.
she graces the homeless man with hopes and dreams
even more, she graces me
when The City beckons,
I come effortlessly.
Falling in love with My City.
The City speaks to me in my dreams
she tells me to take my life, and
put it my own hands
gave me company in those cold, hard concrete streets
Helped me better understand.
Even Though it wasn't easy,
The City helped me find me.
Fall in Love with My City,
Fall in love with Me.
- by xX-faIIen_angel-Xx |
- Poetry And Lyrics
- | Submitted on 07/06/2009 |
- Title: Falling in love, with my city
- Artist: xX-faIIen_angel-Xx
- Description: ehh... i guess its a poem for my hometown... i just write stuff, and this is what happened...
- Date: 07/06/2009
- Tags: falling love with city
- Report Post
Comments (1 Comments)
- Animal Kingdom Gaurdian - 07/13/2009
- its kinda wierd sounding but it just gets to me somehoe idk y
- Report As Spam