Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tinted Reflection™

Back to Guilds

The beast within the mirror has stained my soul red... 

Tags: Shape Shifters, Role Play, Fighting/War, Fantasy, Animals 

Reply Cealum Territory
The River Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

straydog akumu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:20 pm
It leads to the more northern territories where bears, wolves, and lynx live. The predatory birds and allies hunt salmon here.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:07 pm
User Image

Skiat swooped over the river with watchful eyes. He was looking for a meal. The bird was supposed to be resting, for night was not the time of the falcon. But he was young and reckless. The bird screeched with impatience. 'Damn fish are hiding!' He thought. He was too hungry to think about the dangers. Skiat dove down into the water like a torpedo. He looked around desperately for any sign of fish. It wasn't long before he had to return to the surface. He gasped for air, flailing. He just then noticed a barn owl gliding overhead. It was Luna, an elder from the Caelum.

She shook her head in shame at the sight of Skiat "swimming". The owl shifted to a demi form and helped Skiat out of the churning waters of the river. "You're a fool, young Skiat." She hissed while carrying him to land.

User Image

straydog akumu

Darkie Ramirez Werepyre

Devoted Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:33 pm
User Image

★★ Jazmella lay in the shade of a nearby tree, having come down to the river to get a nice cold drink and relax.
Her ears twitched about as she listened for the nighttime noises, the rush of the water nearby, the chirps of the crickets here, the rustle of a small rodent there...
Hearing a loud screech from nearby, she looked up, and saw a falcon, swooping over the river, no doubt hunting.
Curious, she stood up, slinking close to the river to see who could be up at this time of night.
Her nose caught a familiar scent, and she couldn't help by grin, of course, who else but Skiat...
Such a reckless young warrior he was, he should know nighttime is not the time for falcons to be out hunting, but, knowing Skiat and how hard-headed he was, it took a while for the facts to get through.
She watched him with intent as he dove into the water, only to come back up not too long after, flailing about in the water and gasping for air.
Jaz laughed a bit to herself, contemplating of whether to go in to help him, but then noticed the figure of an owl gliding over the 'swimming' Skiat.
The lynx shifter recognized the owl as Luna, one of the elders of the tribe, and one whom Jaz respected deeply.
She watched the owl change into her demi form, and fish Skiat out of the raging river waters.
Jaz grinned, making her way towards them, wondering what Skiat was doing out fishing in the river so late at night, when he really should be resting.
" Enjoy yer little 'dip,' Skiat?" she asked, the same grin plastered to her face as she spoke in her strange way, which she had always done ever since she lived out on her own, " Ya know yous and yer reckless ways almost got yous killed, next time I'd watch where ya dive, y'know."
She chuckled a bit to herself, and turned to Luna, regarding the elder with a nod and a gracious bow. ★★

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:23 pm
User Image

Once on dry land, Skiat shook off. His feathers poofed up making him look more like a prairie hen than a bird of prey. He glared at Jaz. "I'd like to see a cat like you even try to swim."

"Peace Skiat. Now I recommend you get some rest. You have a mission to hunt down some traitor Ira that starts at dawn. You wouldn't want to fail at your first job as an assassin." Luna dipped her head to them both and flew off. Her flight was silent, her pale feathers glowed under the moon.

Skiat hissed unhappily. Everyone was always criticizing him. He hated it.

straydog akumu

Boorish General

Shirtless Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Spitz flew to a tree, he looked at the scene underneath him unfold, he saw Skiat plunge into the water and then Luna saving him. Another animal joined the party. Who though? He watched with a golden eye solemnly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:43 pm
User Image

★★ Jazmella grinned even wider at Skiat as he shook himself off, his feathers poofing out and making him look more like a chicken than a mighty falcon.
She made a 'pffffffft' noise as he shot back at her, saying he'd like to see a cat like her even try to swim.
" Puh-lease, I'd be a helluva lot better swimmer than yous, I can't see how yous birds can swim wit dem things ya call 'wings,' ehehehe," she said in a slightly teasing, slightly boastful tone.
Jaz turned to Luna as she spoke to Skiat, saying it was best he get some rest, he had a mission to hunt down some traitor Ira in the morning.
Her ears perked up at the word assassin, and chuckled a bit inwardly, ' I'd like to see Ski-Ski try, he couldn't catch a single fish, much less an Ira!'
She just loved poking fun at Skiat and testing his nerves, it was entertaining, especially because of his arrogance and hot-headedness.
Jaz nodded to Luna as she flew off, the moon lighting her feathers as she did.
She smirked at Skiat as he hissed in an unhappy way, and spoke, " Ya heard the lady, feather'ead, best be gettin' to bed with yous, wouldn't wanna be tired for this oh-so-important assassin mission of yers in da mornin', do ya?" ★★

Darkie Ramirez Werepyre

Devoted Codger

straydog akumu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:53 pm
User Image

Skiat sulked quietly, brooding in his humiliation. He contemplated a comeback. He could see that look in Jaz's eyes. 'She always must ruffle my feathers.' He thought.

When Jaz made a remark on his mission Skiat sighed. "I don't think it should be any of your concern. But i'm not tired yet. I need to...blow off steam."

Skiat shifted to his human form and simply walked away from the lynx. He couldn't argue much at the moment. He had too much on his mind. 'The filthy Ira will pay for what they have done...' His pace was fairly quick. Skiat's brown eyes reflected the moon. He stared out into the woods as he walked through the trees. He liked things quiet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:07 pm
User Image

★★ Jazmella's keen eyes watched Skiat as he sulked, waiting for him to shoot back a clever quip as a comeback.
He sighed as she spoke about his mission, and said it wasn't any of her concern, saying he wasn't tired yet, and that he needed to blow off steam.
Jaz hissed a bit as he shifted into human form and walked off into the woods.
" Aight, fine, go take out yer anger on some trees er somethin,' killjoy," she growled at him before sighing and turning back to the river.
Her nose caught a scent from nearby, and she looked up, it was coming from a tree nearby.
It smelled of bird, oddly familiar, but unfamiliar, eh, whatever...
She thought of Luna speaking of Skiat's assassin mission, and figured maybe she'd ask to tag along, just to make sure the boy didn't screw up royally or anything.
When it came to battle, one had to be sharp and keep on their toes, or else the next thing, they'd be lying dead on the grass.
Even though Jaz liked to test Skiat's nerves and tease him, she did care about him, and would hate for him to get killed by an Ira on his assassin mission.
She figured she'd get a drink before going back to Penna Mountain to rest, or she could just stay out here, whatever, she was fine with it.
Walking closer to the river, she bent down and began to lap up some water, listening silently to the sounds of the night about her. ★★

Darkie Ramirez Werepyre

Devoted Codger

straydog akumu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:14 pm
User Image

Skiat walked in circles for a long time. Memories and foreboding flooded his head. 'What if I fail? What if I never avenge them?' He inhaled deeply taking in the scents of the river and forrest. The stars shifted with the hour.

He was finally tired enough to return to Penna. Skiat spread demi wings and took off to the mountain where he would sleep. Not that he ever slept peacefully anyways.

((next post in Penna))

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:42 pm
User Image

★★ Jazmella looked at her own reflection in the water, closing her eyes a bit.
She thought back to the times she used to live alone, how wonderful it had been to not be tied down by the tribes and this war...
But of course, the Caelum had offered her a place to go when she had nowhere else, but they respected her nomadic blood, and would allow her to roam anywhere.
Maybe she would ask Skiat if she could just tag along with him, even though most likely he'd say no, but she'd still go, because 1, she was a nomad by blood, and could go anywhere she damn well pleased, 2, she did care about Skiat, even if he may not realize it, since she hid it from him by picking on him a lot, and 3, there was no way she was letting him go alone, in case if something went wrong, she could be there as a distraction.
Sighing, she made up her mind, and decided to stay at the river, plenty of open space, the mountain, while it was roomy and nice, it felt a bit too enclosed to her.
Walking over towards a tree, Jaz scratched out a nice little dugout for her to curl up in, looking up at the night sky with whimsical eyes one last time before she'd nod off.
She wondered what her parents had been like, and what had happened to them, why she had been left on her own...
Jaz thought of the Caelum as family, even if she was not like many of them herself, to her, Luna was like a grandmother, and Skiat, like a bratty little brother, but she loved them all, though was normally a bit shy to show it...
Sighing, she curled up into a tight little ball in her dugout, letting the cool ground caress her fur as she lay her head down, relaxing into a fairly dreamless, but peaceful, sleep. ★★

Darkie Ramirez Werepyre

Devoted Codger

Boorish General

Shirtless Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:26 pm
Spitz awkwardly fell down practically branch to branch trying to get down to talk to someone, she wasn't neutral but it still was fine. He waddled over to her and looked at her before bluntly stating "hi."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:38 pm
User Image

★★ Jazmella's ears flicked about, picking up nighttime sounds as she slept.
She wasn't a light sleeper, but she could easily keep half of her brain awake in case she detected danger of any type.
At the same time, she was wondering where Skiat went, eh, no doubt back to Penna, the birds always slept there....
Jaz rolled over a bit in her sleep, her eyes closed, but her nose twitching for scents of Ira clansmen, and her ears flicking around to pick up sounds in the night.
Sure enough, she heard something, like the rustle of branches from nearby, and the sound of bird feet coming towards her.
Her ears went up as she heard a voice, saying 'hi' to her, now who could be up at this hour?
Jaz opened her bright yellowy-green eyes, and glanced up at the... harpy eagle was it? looking at her.
She didn't know this bird too well like most of the others in Caelum, was his name Sputter or Spirit? Something along those lines...
" 'Eya," she said, a bit bluntly as she raised her head to look at the eagle, " What ya want? Ya ain't sleepin' in ya nest like dem other birds up in Penna? Why yous out here so late?"
She tilted her head at him, wondering why he was out and about so late at night, and how long he had been here. ★★

Darkie Ramirez Werepyre

Devoted Codger

iSqueeze
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:09 pm
User Image

*Lost stretched, her jaws arching in a yawn, sharp knife-like teeth glinting in sunlight. Stalks off, alone, over to a tree. Climbs the tree in no effort, and lies on a branch. Closes eyes, but not sleeping, as enjoys sunlight. Trying to escape from anger of past, but it still will come back eventually. But for now, relaxing on a branch in the warm sun suits just fine.*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:30 pm
Spitz looked at her and cocked his head acting pretty oblivious to her saying sleeping. "No, sleeping's for when your mind gives out, not when you do" he said silently. He would rather be looking for something to eat tonight that talking but where to go at this hour?  

Boorish General

Shirtless Exhibitionist

Darkie Ramirez Werepyre

Devoted Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:15 pm
User Image

★★ Jazmella blinked a bit at the bird as he tilted his head at her.
He spoke, saying that sleeping was for when one's mind gave out, not when one themself does.
Jaz yawned, she didn't care much for philosophical stuff or anything of that type, it just wasn't in her interests, unless it was important somehow, in which this wasn't.
" Yeah?" she simply said in her same, blunt tone, " Well then I suppose I've gotten enough sleep for da night..."
She stood up and shook her fur, glancing once more at the bird then up at the sky.
The deep blue night was starting to become brighter, morning was already well on it's way.
Jaz figured she'd wait by the river, the fish normally waited until early dawn to come out from wherever they sleep in the water and swim.
That would be perfect time to catch something to eat.
" Well then I'll wait fer da fishies t' come on out an' play so I can get my early meal, dunno bout yous," she said, getting up and stalking towards the river and away from the bird.
He could go do whatever he wanted, Jaz didn't really feel much like talking, and she didn't really care much about anything at the time...
A scent hit her nose, familiar, one of feline, but she brushed it aside, figuring it was nothing that was of her concern.
★★

Cealum Territory

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces